DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Grand Rapids, Michigan

You've done a very nice job and seem to really have a handle on piloting your drone, everything very smooth. Even after two years of flying I don't have the courage to get so close to objects and structures and definitely stay away from flying under bridges as there are too many tales of drowned drones due to the inability to sense water.

Since you've done such a great job I'd like to ask you if there are any tips for identifying how close you are to structures to fly so close and what your appproach is to flying under bridges? Obviously you have to have a command of the space and drone's vector off the screen. I feel that I'm missing those elements in my flying and film. I just don't seem to have a handle on the spatial things and how much room I have to pass through things. To go under a bridge you can't just be standing behind the drone watching it go through. TIA

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
You've done a very nice job and seem to really have a handle on piloting your drone, everything very smooth. Even after two years of flying I don't have the courage to get so close to objects and structures and definitely stay away from flying under bridges as there are too many tales of drowned drones due to the inability to sense water.

Since you've done such a great job I'd like to ask you if there are any tips for identifying how close you are to structures to fly so close and what your appproach is to flying under bridges? Obviously you have to have a command of the space and drone's vector off the screen. I feel that I'm missing those elements in my flying and film. I just don't seem to have a handle on the spatial things and how much room I have to pass through things. To go under a bridge you can't just be standing behind the drone watching it go through. TIA
What I will do before I fly close to something is to fly around it going forwards so I can identify any building or objects I could hit. Then I will fly back to where I want to start the shot and fly from the angle I want. If it’s to windy bail out. One tip for flying under bridges is is you can see the under side of the other side of the bridge you will make it. Hope this help :)

Nice and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato