DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Graphic card

Moura

Reactions
Hi, can someone advice a Graphic card not too expensive for 4k editing in premiere pro? I have a 2gb nvidia but it is not enough for the MP2 4k footage. Thanks

Your CPU & RAM probably play a bigger part than your GPU.
It can also depend on the editing program you use, some use more CPU some more GPU but you can’t go wrong with lots of RAM.

Reactions: Moura
You don't need to edit it in 4K.

If you are using Premiere Pro, you need to get Adobe media encoder and in the ingest settings of Premiere Pro set it to produce proxies. I use 1280x720 H.264. It will take a while to process it, then work with the proxies. The proxy copy is the same as the 4K footage. Work with that, and when you render it will use the 4K footage.

You can set the level of the proxy even lower depending on your hardware. That way you can edit the footage on less-than-top-of-the-range hardware. When you come to render it, just let it render to whatever quality you require. It might take a while, so you may need to leave it on overnight!

I built my PC before I started wanting to edit 4K. It's a Ryzen 3 1200 with 16Gb RAM. The graphics card I needed to put in to make it work is an Nvidia GEforce gtx 1050 Ti. Not the most expensive, but this setup works well for me using the proxies to edit.

Last edited:
Yup. In premier just set your ingest settings in the media browser window (wrench icon I believe) and then every time you add footage in that project it gets a nice proxy. Goggle (or search premier help) for premier proxy workflow or premier ingest settings and you will be editing smoothly in minutes. Btw media encoder installs automatically along side premier of you manage your apps with the creative cloud program (it also manages you'd fonts and cloud storage so it's worth using.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat