DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Great morning light in the volcanic region, Brandywine mountain/meadows, tons of bloodsuckers too ... BC, Canada

I don't think I've ever flown in or near the city or any restricted areas, so I have yet to come across that message.
I live in the GTA, so I regularly have to worry about control zones and airports — especially with a Mavic 2. Southern Ontario is speckled with restricted airspace, which is why I also have a Mini 3.

No mountains, but also no bears and forest fires to worry about :)

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
True
I live in the GTA, so I regularly have to worry about control zones and airports — especially with a Mavic 2. Southern Ontario is speckled with restricted airspace, which is why I also have a Mini 3.

No mountains, but also no bears and forest fires to worry about :)
True, but bears are fine, they've been treating me well :), I live in the city but try to escape it as much as possible to keep away from the 2-legged beasts :).

Thoroughly enjoyed having Brandywine for myself before the weekend hikers showed up on the way down, awesome light in the morning was a pay off for the fairly intensive mosquito / black fly / horse fly blood donating festival. This popular hike offers great views of The Mount Cayley volcanic field, including Mt. Fee, Mt.Cayley, Pyroclastic peak stretching 31 km from the Pemberton Icefield to the Squamish River. It forms a segment of the Garibaldi Volcanic Belt, the Canadian portion of the Cascade Volcanic Arc, which extends from Northern California to southwestern British Columbia. The thin layer of forest fire smoke in the valley beautifully separated the peaks of the Garibaldi range to the east, including Black tusk and Mount Garibaldi.

I am very new to drone video , having only just got out of beginner mode. Sharing footage with others is proving to be the issue , how to share 4k video from my Mavic 2 Pro. , compressing the video to do so without buying some expensive program, is my question. Any suggestions from the forum.

I am very new to drone video , having only just got out of beginner mode. Sharing footage with others is proving to be the issue , how to share 4k video from my Mavic 2 Pro. , compressing the video to do so without buying some expensive program, is my question. Any suggestions from the forum.
Hi, my current software of choice is Davinci Resolve, I use paid Studio version because it came with my camera, however their free version has pretty much all you need and is being widely used by many. Now, 4k footage can be taxing on your computer, so having a somewhat powerful machine definitely helps. I'm sure you're going to find many tutorials on youtube, from installing the software to color management/editing/exporting. There might be other software options, but I'm suggesting the one I know well and is very capable, if not the most capable. Hope that helps and I wish you happy flying over Sunshine Coast, lovely country.

Thoroughly enjoyed having Brandywine for myself before the weekend hikers showed up on the way down, awesome light in the morning was a pay off for the fairly intensive mosquito / black fly / horse fly blood donating festival. This popular hike offers great views of The Mount Cayley volcanic field, including Mt. Fee, Mt.Cayley, Pyroclastic peak stretching 31 km from the Pemberton Icefield to the Squamish River. It forms a segment of the Garibaldi Volcanic Belt, the Canadian portion of the Cascade Volcanic Arc, which extends from Northern California to southwestern British Columbia. The thin layer of forest fire smoke in the valley beautifully separated the peaks of the Garibaldi range to the east, including Black tusk and Mount Garibaldi.
Very well done and very professional !

Well that makes me think I should sell my gear and pursue another interest. Really great scenery, colours etc and an all round top job.

Well that makes me think I should sell my gear and pursue another interest. Really great scenery, colours etc and an all round top job.
Thank you, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't, but never give up ! :)

Luck is mostly a matter of preparedness. Which includes getting up at ungodly hours to catch the best light — if it's not too cloudy.
That definitely helps, it this case it was 4am to give my enough time to reach the ridge from the meadows, the **** bloodsuckers must have heard my alarm clock too though :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_