DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Use of Mavic 3 Telephoto

Very nice work; enjoy my M3 also. My question on the kite surfers is how they keep from running into each other rather than dodging overzealous drones.

Reactions: MikeinMO
Very well done. Good video length and nice capture of the activity. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: @Rip
Very nice work; enjoy my M3 also. My question on the kite surfers is how they keep from running into each other rather than dodging overzealous drones.
Look at the 1st few seconds of the video - you can see the drone is way up and far away from the kite surfers. The purpose of my sharing this video was to expound upon this very reason to have the M3 telephoto - one could stay safely back from the action yet have engaging video capture. Thx!

Reactions: MikeinMO and @Rip
Look at the 1st few seconds of the video - you can see the drone is way up and far away from the kite surfers. The purpose of my sharing this video was to expound upon this very reason to have the M3 telephoto - one could stay safely back from the action yet have engaging video capture. Thx!
I think he knew that. His question was, (and I imagine everyones) how do they avoid each other, but I guess at times they don't.

Reactions: Deluge2
Great video....you used the 7X regular lens....or the Explore...and how much zoom if the explore ?
The 7x telephoto is the secondary camera. It offers up to a 4x digital zoom on the 7x telephoto in both Normal mode and in the Explore mode. In Normal mode, it also allows full control of the exposure.

OK Mavic 3 owners, take a look at what can be done with the telephoto by a very experienced filmmaker. I was blown away when I saw this.
Amazing . . . we may have the same equipment but (as for me) . . . I'm lacking his skills. He definitely has an eye for cinematography. Nicely done!!

It is easier than you think. Relatively speaking all the kites and lines are at much the same angle downwind from each kiter & roughly 30 degrees above horizon in a flyable window of the sky . So if I am sailing head on to another kiter and elect to pass downwind of him, I would expect my lines to pass beneath his. Works provided upwind kite does not do something stupid, like fly kite low in the window while downwind kite flies theirs unnecessarily high. World of pain if kite lines cross and near impossible to recover without some degree of damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr