DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green circle on the screen of smart controller.

Azarov

Reactions
After a few years of exploiting DJI Mavic 2 Pro, a green circle begins randomly appears on the screen. At the time when it happens the touch screen becomes irresponsive.
After restarting controller it doesn't appear for some time.

I have suspicious that this is a hardware fault, decided to share this experience with you guys.
I couldn't find similar case in Smart Controller threads.

Vlad

After a few years of exploiting DJI Mavic 2 Pro, a green circle begins randomly appears on the screen. At the time when it happens the touch screen becomes irresponsive.
After restarting controller it doesn't appear for some time.

I have suspicious that this is a hardware fault, decided to share this experience with you guys.
I couldn't find similar case in Smart Controller threads.

Vlad
Hi Vlad, I had the same thing happen today. I ended up having to let the drone battery run down before the drone would land. I've only been using my smart controller for a few months and the same thing happened to me. Mine also experienced this: the screen on the controller started skipping back and forth between the map, home screen and the camera settings screen. When I was able to get it on the home screen I wasn't able to push any of the buttons on the left side, land, return home, camera settings and get them to respond. The gimbal also kept aiming straight up. The toggles on the controller worked so I was able to get the drone near me till the battery was so low that it landed. Anyone else experience this?

Here is a screenshot attached. It appears randomly.
Trying to communicate with DJI support.

Attachments

• Green circle.jpeg
    Green circle.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 11
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and smart controller that's only a few months old. I also had this happen. In addition it caused the icons on the left side of my screen not to work, nor did the manual RTH button work. My screen kept flicking between camera settings, the home screen and another screen. The controller toggles worked so I was able to fly the drone to me and just let the battery die. After rebooting it hasn't happened again...yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu