DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings Drone Pilots!

Wow, lots of great advice. I have the TRUST cert and purchased the Part 107 training program from Pilot Institute. I will definitely be getting that as well. Look forward to pinging you folks if specific issues come up, and I've been viewing a lot of YouTube tutorials and tips and tricks. Thanks again!

Hello! Noob drone operator (won't call myself a "Pilot" quite yet!) here.

As the name suggests, I survived nearly 25 years working in two states, retired, and am leading a much quieter life now. I was also a USN submariner and continued on to retire from the reserves as a CPO with 24 years.

I flew single engine aircraft at 16 years old, the age of which I attribute to NOT getting my full private pilots license and/or pursuing a career in flying. I was actually "bored" with flying, believe it or not! They didn't bring out drones at the agencies I worked for until after I retired, so drone flying was often just a thought to me.

Drone flying became reality when I told my wife that I'd get my main Christmas gift for myself this year. Does she know how much it cost? I plead the 5th. But I purchased a Mini 3 Pro and have had it out around 10 times as of the time of this post. I posted in a thread dedicated to fear of heights while flying, so if you are so inclined, please respond to that one here.

I am absolutely amazed at the technology in today's drones. They make it pretty dog-gone user friendly, and I hope that the advice I gain from the drone pilots in this forum help me get the most out of my flying experience. Thanks!
For what the technology costs, you should put 'Tatt on That!' DM and I'll send you a promo code for a free custom metal DroneTat drone tag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne