DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Colorado Springs, Colorado

Welcome to the forum. You live in one of the most beautiful places in the USA. We hope to see amazing photos and video of the Rocky Mountains from you. Always keep in mind that the mountains create their own weather and magnetism and that could affect your drone. So, fly safe. Look at images and videos posted in this forum by Dale D for inspiration. He just finished a trip to the mountains in Montana. You will also see here many amazing videos from our European friends in the Alps. Good luck and post often!

Welcome from Colorado Springs! I reside in the 50 foot area just west of KCOS. Lots of nice places to fly in the COS area, but NTL two of my favorites are Palmer Lake and up the mountain to Cripple Creek and Victor. Victor is great with all the century old gold mines in the area. Hope you enjoy the forum and if ever in doubt just post for assist.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello, I am a new drone pilot. I have been flying for two months now. I owed a DJI air 2s and recently acquired a Mavic 3. I have been watching YouTube videos from very reputable individuals almost every day for two months now. I have become very knowledgeable as far as video settings, drone maneuvers and what not to do. I also subscribed to the Pilot Institute Channel which I found very useful with tons of free information. I am fascinated with this hobby. looking forward to learning from you guys. Additionally. I have been looking for a club or something here in the Springs with zero luck. Anybody from the Springs?
I lived in the Springs some 50 years ago. Used to fly hang gliders there. Lived there and up in Green Mtn Falls. I'd be up at Pikes Peak and flying from there for sure. Lots of mountain side towns and places to get amazing shots of valleys and the Front Range communities. Cheyenne Mtn. is probably off limits but you sure do have a lot of great places to explore. Enjoy.

Hello and thanks everyone for such a warm welcome to the forum and all the advices and links. I am in love with my drones. The air 2s is a beast. That joker comes down from 400ft like a bullet. The Mavic 3 is just the king of drones in my opinion. I have been playing with all the different settings, adjusting yaw pitch and roll, gimbal settings etc. I watched a video from Ian, the drone pilot from UK, I think, and now that piece of art moves like a real plane. It is insane how good the Mavic 3 is. My next move is the 107 certificate and a good computer to start color grading.
I live near the airport and one thing I have learned that when I pass the buffer zone the drone will stop right in mid air and will not go any further. I kind of freaked out, and then remember all the videos saying do not panic. I hit the buffer zone which is 3 blocks from my house. I also learned you can request to fly in zero altitute zone. I have been practicing in front of my house with a less than 449g drone. Going back and forward to the park is hitting the pocket with these gas prices. At least if someone complain, I can teach them a thing of two as far as regulations. I do not fly over nobodys property nor cars or people. I fly around my house and in the midle of the street. I found that between 2 and 4 pm there are barely any traffic. Working on hyperlaps now and night settings. The ND filter for night operation really helps tremendously and also the polorized filters, the different is night and day. Well, thats my SITREP, Happy Labor day folks!!

Reactions: MA2 317
My locale is basically Sand Creek Elementary.
Hello and thanks everyone for such a warm welcome to the forum and all the advices and links. I am in love with my drones. The air 2s is a beast. That joker comes down from 400ft like a bullet. The Mavic 3 is just the king of drones in my opinion. I have been playing with all the different settings, adjusting yaw pitch and roll, gimbal settings etc. I watched a video from Ian, the drone pilot from UK, I think, and now that piece of art moves like a real plane. It is insane how good the Mavic 3 is. My next move is the 107 certificate and a good computer to start color grading.
I live near the airport and one thing I have learned that when I pass the buffer zone the drone will stop right in mid air and will not go any further. I kind of freaked out, and then remember all the videos saying do not panic. I hit the buffer zone which is 3 blocks from my house. I also learned you can request to fly in zero altitute zone. I have been practicing in front of my house with a less than 449g drone. Going back and forward to the park is hitting the pocket with these gas prices. At least if someone complain, I can teach them a thing of two as far as regulations. I do not fly over nobodys property nor cars or people. I fly around my house and in the midle of the street. I found that between 2 and 4 pm there are barely any traffic. Working on hyperlaps now and night settings. The ND filter for night operation really helps tremendously and also the polorized filters, the different is night and day. Well, thats my SITREP, Happy Labor day folks!!
My abode is right beside the Sand Creek Elementary. I can hit 25 at the house or cross the Sand Creek and gain a whooping 25 additional at Sagebrush Park. Wildflower Park lets me get 50 as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart