DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from NC

Dubya

Reactions
New forum member as of today. I don't have anything to fly yet, but completed the TRUST at Pilot Institute for when that I purchase a Drone. Leaning toward the Mini2 as my first. Really excited to dive into this Hobby.

While taking the TRUST, it mentioned CBO. That was not something I was familiar with. Could someone explain how I can find one locally?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

While taking the TRUST, it mentioned CBO. That was not something I was familiar with. Could someone explain how I can find one locally?
As noted here:

"We have not yet begun officially recognizing CBOs. Recreational flyers are directed to follow the safety guidelines of existing aeromodelling organizations or use the FAA provided safety guidelines per Advisory Circular 91-57B."

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

New forum member as of today. I don't have anything to fly yet, but completed the TRUST at Pilot Institute for when that I purchase a Drone. Leaning toward the Mini2 as my first. Really excited to dive into this Hobby.

While taking the TRUST, it mentioned CBO. That was not something I was familiar with. Could someone explain how I can find one locally

WELCOME to the forum from western NC!

A CBO set of rules has not yet been finalized but rumor has it that is getting very close now. Until that aspect is firmed up and announced you'll need to follow the rules laid out under ~44809 (which allows you to follow a CBO rules that are created in accordance with the FAA). Once any additional rules are created and approved you can fly according to them but I'd bet they are going to pretty much mirror ~44809 very closely.

Here's the guidance you follow until the CBO rules are created and approved:
Here is the exert pertaining to CBO:
The Aircraft is Operated in Accordance With or Within the Programming of a CBO’s Set of Safety Guidelines That are Developed in Coordination With the FAA. Once the FAA has developed the criteria for recognition of CBOs and started officially recognizing CBOs, those CBOs’ safety guidelines will be available for use. During this interim period, the FAA offers two means to satisfy this statutory condition. Recreational flyers should be able to explain to an FAA inspector or law enforcement official which safety guidelines they are following.
7.1.2.1 The FAA acknowledges that existing aeromodelling organizations have developed safety guidelines that are helpful to recreational flyers. An example is the AMA safety guidelines, which have previously been reviewed by the FAA as part of the organization’s Recognized Industry Organization (RIO) status for participation in the National Aviation Events Program (refer to FAA Order 8900.1, Volume 5, Chapter 9, Section 6, Issue/Renew/Reevaluate/Rescind an Air Boss Letter of Authorization). These or existing safety guidelines of another aeromodelling organization may be used for recreational operations, provided the guidelines do not conflict with the other statutory conditions of 49 U.S.C. § 44809(a).
7.1.2.2 The FAA has existing basic safety guidelines for recreational operations, which are available on its website (https://www.faa.gov/uas/) that may be used.
So basically right now you just follow all of ~44809 and overlook until they are developed and released.

§44809.a. 2​

If you need any guidance don't hesitate to give me a shout. It looks like you're inside my region in terms of the FAA (Charlotte NC FSDO).

I'm from Lenoir, NC. Where are you located in NC? Like as mentioned the CBO has not been released just yet.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa