DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Northern IL

Do you know about the kiesleburg forest preserve flying site on the east side of town?
Yes sir, never flew there, much smaller and seems to be hemmed in by trees, if I remember correctly. You need a permit from Winnebago Co forest preserve. Model Airplane Fly Field « Winnebago Forest

815FPV Club flies there a lot practicing competition flying, all skill levels. Nice friendly bunch. Watched the season opener competition at the Rock valley RC field.

One other fella and I fly alot at the RockValley Rc field very early mornings on a lot of Saturdays (just so we don't get in the way of the fixed wing fellas) working on out the kinks of our skills and our Mavic pros and testing the various apps available.

Last edited:
Saturday is a tough one for me as I am helping my wife at the Beloit farmers market then, do you get out during the week at all? where are you located at?

Not much sorry, I am pretty wiped out during the week after work. I live in the Rockford area and work in Beloit. If you want to exchange more personal type information we should PM instead. Touch my name and choose message.

Hi All,
My Mavic Platinum should be here today, I am NEW to all of this Mavic stuff so I will be doing some searching on the forums for information on this whole thing. I always like to do a search for any questions I may have first but on occasion need to ask a question I hope that will be ok?

Looking forward to digging in with this new ship and creating some cool stuff.
Welcome from Chicago. You said you will be doing research on this forum.Mavic Pilots Forum is a very useful tool to help you gain knowledge and confidence when flying
your Bird. When you have questions, Mavic Help is a good source for info, click on Mavic Tips. Majority of the questions have already been answered, if still have a problem, this forum is good to dig deeper. Happy flying and Blue Skis to you.

Thanks for the info and the welcome I have discoverd ( Mavic Help ) and seems like a great resource.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123