DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the Riviera Maya!

SgtBash

Reactions
I have flown airplanes most of my life, flew a few helicopters in the military and decided to buy a drone not long ago. I purchased a DJI Air 2 and am having a great time with it here on the Riviera Maya, south of Cancun. Since I get up before the crack of life, I like to go out and fly to the beach and hyperlapse video the sunrise. So far I have captured 2 SUPERB sunrise videos! Also 55 other day of flight not so perfect, but still fun. I will set up an account so I can post my best to share here.

I bought the Litchi app as it looked like a good program, however, after many hours of studying it and then a couple more trying to get it to connect to my drone, it refuses. On digging into the issue, I find that, contrary to what the advertisements than got me to buy the program claim, it will NOT work with the Air 2. Not impressed and they have violated my core principals, so I wont likely do business with them again.

That being said, this drone is a kick in the shorts and I am having a fantastic time, just playing with the multitude of different functions, both documented and hidden. Lots to learn and I am loving it!

WELCOME to the forum and THANK YOU for your service in the military. :)

It's possible the Air2 will become compatible with Litchi in the future. It's a great program and opens up some very interesting and creative possibilities with your UAS.

WELCOME to the forum and THANK YOU for your service in the military. :)

It's possible the Air2 will become compatible with Litchi in the future. It's a great program and opens up some very interesting and creative possibilities with your UAS.
Thanks for the welcome. I am already looking at a Mavic 2 Pro. So, I may get some use out of the hours I put into learning about the Litchi software some day. It is just pretty sad that they lied about compatibility with my Air 2. Things like that stick in my craw and are not soon forgotten. As I said, not a lot of money, but the PRINCIPAL of it......

This looks like a great place to play. I look forward to haunting the shadows and playing here! LOL

Not sure what you mean set up a account here as you already
have or you could not have posted. If you are talking about posting
your videos you just have to put them on YouTube or Vimeo and post the link .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings welcome to the forum!

I have flown airplanes most of my life, flew a few helicopters in the military and decided to buy a drone not long ago. I purchased a DJI Air 2 and am having a great time with it here on the Riviera Maya, south of Cancun. Since I get up before the crack of life, I like to go out and fly to the beach and hyperlapse video the sunrise. So far I have captured 2 SUPERB sunrise videos! Also 55 other day of flight not so perfect, but still fun. I will set up an account so I can post my best to share here.

I bought the Litchi app as it looked like a good program, however, after many hours of studying it and then a couple more trying to get it to connect to my drone, it refuses. On digging into the issue, I find that, contrary to what the advertisements than got me to buy the program claim, it will NOT work with the Air 2. Not impressed and they have violated my core principals, so I wont likely do business with them again.

That being said, this drone is a kick in the shorts and I am having a fantastic time, just playing with the multitude of different functions, both documented and hidden. Lots to learn and I am loving it!
Hi SgtBash, Shivy here from Mumbai, India. Planning to stay over 14 days at Maya Riviera before heading to the US for our daughter's second child delivery. Dates not yet final. Likely to be September. How's the weather out there at that time? Any suggestions where to stay? Safe, Covid protected and fun place! We're senior citizens - 75 me, 66 me wife! Also if we touch base perhaps I'll learn a trick or two with the Movic Air 2. It was presented to me by our kids on my June 75th. Yet lying with our son in NJ. Will only lay my hands on it after reaching the US. look forward, Cheers and stay safe Shivy

Welcome aboard. You have a place down there or just visiting? Would love to see some video

Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan