DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grief over cost of Drones

My wife bought the MM for me because I hemmed and hawwed too long over spending the money on it. Then after I bought the MA2 but before I opened it she tried to talk me into returning it to buy a more expensive one. I chose not too for now because I have a lot to learn and the MM and MA2 should last me a long time.

She’s a definite keeper!

That, and everything else, will change after you say 'I do' ..... LOL!

I hope not lol.

She has gotten into motorbikes and guns so far, since we started to date. She has flown my mini, and ordered her own last week.
To be honest, I had completely given up on ever finding someone to grow old with after my wife passed away. But I think that she is the one!

We've been married almost 40 years & before we got married she said I could have anything I wanted except anouther woman. Best deal I've ever made. I had a 2 dozen+ real planes from prewars to a Bonanza, skydived, scuba, remote hunting camp, motorcross, touring bikes, etc.
In your case then, you should be VERY Gr8ful!:D

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I hope not lol.

She has gotten into motorbikes and guns so far, since we started to date. She has flown my mini, and ordered her own last week.
To be honest, I had completely given up on ever finding someone to grow old with after my wife passed away. But I think that she is the one!
Sounds like you have a keeper my friend... hang on

Does your significant other give you grief over the cost of this hobby? I don't know what is wrong with my wife but she thinks my hobbies are a waste of money. She cannot believe what mavics cost.
Getting rid of a drone is a lot easier and cheaper than getting rid of a wife.

• Haha
Reactions: Physopto
My wife bought the MM for me because I hemmed and hawwed too long over spending the money on it. Then after I bought the MA2 but before I opened it she tried to talk me into returning it to buy a more expensive one. I chose not too for now because I have a lot to learn and the MM and MA2 should last me a long time.
If you can competently fly the MM and the MA2, then you would find a M2P or M2Z is a dream with their flying abilities and optics. Just got back from a 3 hour outing with my M2P and it was a great morning....next to no wind, out in the countryside in 20 degrees Celsius....couldn't get any better.

My wife is into crafts and some of her machines are pretty expensive so she rarely gives me grief when I spend money on a drone. She didn't even bat an eye when I got the Moverio BT-300.

When we first got married she used to complain about how much I spent on tools. I told her a brake job could cost $300, the impact driver cost less than $200. Same with the Mig welder, the part cost $600, the welder $300. She now sees how much money we save fixing the car ourselves.

God, I love you guys with all your big (and expensive) toys, never had such a laugh in ages - love the jet and the great looking bike. I ordered my MM then produced it in front of her inside (knew she'd say "what the hell are you getting one of those for?" ) but having seen one or two videos of the neighbourhood from 300 feet ,think she is impressed! May secretly order a bigger drone in future - any recommendations ? Only two flights done so far but hell I love it. Keep safe over there in the USA, Canada, Oz etc and you UK guys, is it worth me doing the test/ registration and Operators ID thing now or wait until November ? / when they finally sort things out ( with just a Mini under 250 )?

God, I love you guys with all your big (and expensive) toys, never had such a laugh in ages - love the jet and the great looking bike. I ordered my MM then produced it in front of her inside (knew she'd say "what the hell are you getting one of those for?" ) but having seen one or two videos of the neighbourhood from 300 feet ,think she is impressed! May secretly order a bigger drone in future - any recommendations ? Only two flights done so far but hell I love it. Keep safe over there in the USA, Canada, Oz etc and you UK guys, is it worth me doing the test/ registration and Operators ID thing now or wait until November ? / when they finally sort things out ( with just a Mini under 250 )?

I've got a Mavic 2 Zoom and I'm waiting for things to settle down, and DJI to make a drone that complies, then I plan on going for it. You don't need to register your Mavic Mini, but if you get a bigger drone it will need registering. That's no biggie - 20 easy questions and give them your card details.

To be honest, I'd get used to flying with the Mini, and see how the new regulations shake down and what drones appear on the market.

Have fun :)

Resale on your drone is far better than a haircut, or used makeup. She sounds like my first ex-wife to be honest. My second ex-wife didn't even bother to complain.

I do recall a female co-worker years ago that used to giggle with her co-workers about buying clothes, hiding them in the closet, wearing at some point, and when asked if it's new, she could honestly say no, it's been in my closet for a while... (weak sauce in my view).

That's exactly what i was thinking although the advantage of drones is they don't take up a lot of space and they're not easy to tell apart if you're not familiar with them. Same with cameras and lenses many of which look very similar.

Bicycles on the other hand...much more tricky to hide.
You have more than 5 bikes?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661