DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GSP, drone stops unexpectedly.

dennyc39

Reactions
I did my first flight today with Ground STation Pro, getting familiar with it.
First I made a virtual fence mission and then a waypoint mission, both roughly following boundaries of a city park.

I loaded and flew the virtual fence, and it worked as it was supposed to, braking near the fence lines. Then without landing, I selected the waypoints mission and flew it ("Edit" command to fly is not very intuitive.) That mission also went as I expected. After mission complete, I interrupted the RTH operation and just flew it around for a while, beyond the boundaries of the park.

The anomaly happened when I was flying it home, when the drone suddenly stopped and hovered, despite full forward stick. I rocked the right stick back and forth, and each time it moved forward a few feet and stopped. Each time I got a little buzz out of the RC, but didn't notice any messages. After several starts and stops, I was able to fly it on home normally.

It would be bad to have the drone far away and refusing my stick commands. The problem seemed to occur right near one of my virtual fence boundaries, with the drone approaching it from the outside. However, I thought this VF mission was no longer active, since I had gone on to fly the waypoints mission and completed it. Can the drone be under the influence of two missions simultaneously?

I think you have it. It was indeed heading into the sun.
Thanks for the answer. I'll know how to react next time.
Easiest solution when the sun activates OA is just to flip to sports mode. It will turn off those sensors

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura