DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had my 1st collision

skypros

Reactions
Just received my goggles yesterday.
I am doing ok with them.... Today I took off flew around my forest..... went above the forest canopy.... flew around above the trees.... then came back home.... down through the forest canopy. I took off from my deck.... and I was trying to land in the same spot doing this all via the goggles (FPV)..... I thought I was 3' from my roof when I heard swap!!! and the mavic sounded like it was crashing...... Instead what he was doing was RECOVERING, and apparently went a little above the side of the roof and hovered, as I took off the goggles, I flew him where he needed to be to land. Upon inspection, there was just a little prop rash.
I am very impressed with how this bird dealt with a collision.... and I don't think I will try that again, well maybe until we get FEET (imperial) measurements into the goggles.

BTW, I am having a great time maneuvering SLOWLY through the trees

IMG_3331.JPG

Reactions: Lelantos
Glad no major damage.

You've probably seen this before but I thought you'd be interested if you've never seen it.

Response from DJI about a Gimble problem.

1) The gimbal shakes or its direction cannot be controlled. The reason may be that the flat cable socket inside the camera, which transmits data between the gyroscope in the main board of the gimbal and the IMU of the flight controller, get loosened or has a poor contact. In this case, the gimbal compartment needs to be replaced. (The gimbal main board is integrated to the gimbal and the gyroscope has been calibrated before shipment. The gimbal board cannot be removed individually; otherwise,the gyroscope cannot be calibrated.) 2) The gimbal cannot center after auto-calibration and its Roll axis needs to be adjusted manually. This issue occurs because the firmware of the gimbal main board has not been upgraded. The earlier versions of firmware do not have the storage function, which requires the Roll axis to be adjusted manually after every start-up. To resolve this issue, send the drone to DJI to upgrade the gimbal main board to the latest firmware (internal software and firmware). 3) A jello effect occurs. It may be caused by the Pitch-axis error and can be fixed by using the IMU advanced calibration in the DJI GO app. 4) A black screen or red screen occurs, or a half screen is displayed during shooting. The cause may be the image encoding error on the gimbal main board. 5) There are white spots or black spots on the screen. This issue occurs because of the black FPC flat cable error. 6) The video jitters. In this case, there may be an error with the Pitch axis motor. 7) When the Pitch axis points downward, the camera is obstructed, which results in pitch movement delay or video shakiness. The gyroscope needs to be calibrated or a jig is required.

Just received my goggles yesterday.
I am doing ok with them.... Today I took off flew around my forest..... went above the forest canopy.... flew around above the trees.... then came back home.... down through the forest canopy. I took off from my deck.... and I was trying to land in the same spot doing this all via the goggles (FPV)..... I thought I was 3' from my roof when I heard swap!!! and the mavic sounded like it was crashing...... Instead what he was doing was RECOVERING, and apparently went a little above the side of the roof and hovered, as I took off the goggles, I flew him where he needed to be to land. Upon inspection, there was just a little prop rash.
I am very impressed with how this bird dealt with a collision.... and I don't think I will try that again, well maybe until we get FEET (imperial) measurements into the goggles.

BTW, I am having a great time maneuvering SLOWLY through the trees

View attachment 14026

Use the --------->--------- lines to judge where you are.

If those lines aren't showing against the roof you won't hit it.

The horizontal lines that show in the goggles can be used to judge the distance from the props

Reactions: skypros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007