DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Hand Catch.

Hand Catch. No good place to land the drone so its pay attention time and hand catch it.View attachment 131909
I have been hand catching a lot lately. One of the things that has provoked me is to avoid people pestering me by laying out my big "H" landing pad. There are so many good reasons to hand catch- mainly because of uneven surfaces (rocks, tree roots, sand, high grass). I am now able to get in and out of a filming area quicker. Now that I have added the mini 2 to the Mavic 2 pro I am hand catching lots more of the time.

I have been hand catching a lot lately. One of the things that has provoked me is to avoid people pestering me by laying out my big "H" landing pad. There are so many good reasons to hand catch- mainly because of uneven surfaces (rocks, tree roots, sand, high grass). I am now able to get in and out of a filming area quicker. Now that I have added the mini 2 to the Mavic 2 pro I am hand catching lots more of the time.
My guess is I hand catch 85 to 90 percent of the time.

Reactions: maggior
I have been hand catching exclusively now. I'll take off from my big orange H pad, but hand catch. It's far easier than trying to land it in the center of the landing pad. The DJI drones are so stable it's easy to do.

Hand launching is something I have yet to try.

I have been hand catching exclusively now. I'll take off from my big orange H pad, but hand catch. It's far easier than trying to land it in the center of the landing pad. The DJI drones are so stable it's easy to do.

Hand launching is something I have yet to try.
My suggestion is to go slow and do not get in a hurry.

Reactions: maggior
Have hand caught mine for years. I just let it hover above eye level ,
slip my hand under it and grasp it with my fingers ,yes I’ve always used a lanyard and where I’ve seen folks having issues they
try and move it before it shuts down.

couldn't agree more

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieGee