DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Handheld A/M/P/F Scanner with Bluetooth Recommendations

Mike107

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My trusty ol' Radio Shack Pro-95 scanner of 12/07/2002 expired 7/26/2022, may it rest in peace.

Anyone have a recommendation for a handheld monitor capable of Air/Police/Fire/Marine?
I have hearing loss and a bluetooth-enabled one would be helpful.

There is so much on the internet, so much hyperbole... It is overwhelming...so I thought I'd ask some friends.
Thanks,
Mike

I bought (and highly recommend) the UK version of this one:

It’s capable, compact and very solidly built. Amongst its many other features, I bought it because it was the only scanner in its price range which also covered the full military aviation UHF band. The US model has slightly narrower frequency bands but should still cover what you want. The only downside to it is that the user interface can be confusing at first. However, there’s plenty of information online about programming it and it has a USB interface to connect it to a desktop computer to simplify things. You can buy the official, optional programming software (ARC125) but it's fairly expensive and a bit clunky. Fortunately there's a much better freeware program (the Scan125 Control Program) available which I use and it's actively supported by the developer.

Alternatively, there seem to be a number of used Pro-95 scanners on eBay if you want to stick with that model.

Reactions: Mike107
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capitalinguists