DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar Autopilot 4.2

Just did my first mission and works like a charm (although I had no problems with the beta either)
Happy to inform you that the Panorama feature works perfectly again.
Redering it as we speak

I was finally able to do a nice Cruise Mode mission. I've tried many times before but never got it really working. Until now (and found out what I actually did wrong).
Man... I love Autopilot

I use Autopilot and have been able to use every mode without issues, except cruise. Even if I set everything (pitch, roll, yaw) to joystiq and go above minimum altitude and engage the Mavic will not move no matter what I do. What did you find you were doing wrong that fixed your issue?

I think that is the problem. I did the same. Now...
Vertical strategy; Joystick or Altitude
Pitch/Roll; Joystick
Joystick orientation; Aircraft
Yaw strategy; Focus

Focus strategy; Subject
Subject; POI (of course you need to set)

These are my settings. As soon as your elevation is correct, you only use your right joystick.
Try this and let me know. Even the Mavic with a limited camera movement reacts very good on Cruise mode.

As soon as the rain goes away I will test and post here. Thanks for the tips

I used POI as my location because that was easiest to control. Then you can see how the MP reacts on input. Then you can relocate the POI to another location and start playing with the settings. You'll noticed that it is actually very easy.
The main issue is the Focus Strategy

My settings

333911e6d4d86f2c85eafda98d58f62b.jpg

did a search for Hangar Autopilot 4.2 in the App Store and could not find anything, do I have the correct spelling ?

is this app the same as Hangar 360 ?

No, not the same. That is only for 360 cloud panorama's. Check for "Autopilot for DJI"

Last edited:
Thanks, I will need to do more research to see if I can use this program, I'm not very tech minded, looks like a big learning curve.

did a search for Hangar Autopilot 4.2 in the App Store and could not find anything, do I have the correct spelling ?

is this app the same as Hangar 360 ?

Correct, the big issue with Autopilot. Takes a long time to get the hang of it. Litchi is easier to learn but once you understand Autopilot, it is far superior to any other program.
The good thing is that I can help you in case you're stuck.
But if you understand the principles, it is actually very logic

Just did my first mission and works like a charm (although I had no problems with the beta either)
Happy to inform you that the Panorama feature works perfectly again.
Redering it as we speak

Hello,

What iOS device are you using ?

For me, the most important thing is the thing that I need, so I'm not so much into trying until I find something that doesn't work.
Where I use Cruise Mode (extensively) is... flying over the point I want to focus on, mark it inside Autopilot (as airplane location as POI) and fly what I want while focussing on the POI. That is what I need most and that works perfectly. Make sue you adjust the correct elevation.
All other options I don't need. Please note that I never use Cruise Mode with my Inspire 2 because Focus Mode works perfectly because of the independent gimbal.

As I say to my wife... if I buy something, it is because I need that. I don't buy stuff and then find an excuse to justify the purchase

Hope this helps.

DJI Groundstation. Plus some others. But if you are serious and have a good device, it's worth the investment

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock