DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar with older firmware

Egika

Reactions
Just found that Hangar 360 won't work with my Mavic's firmware version .400
Who knows when this incompatibility was introduced and which firmware version is required to run the latest app?
Any workaround is highly appreciated.

Any workaround is highly appreciated.
Update your Mavic to .700.
As DJI changed their SDK interface a while ago, 3rd party apps had to be adjusted. So, to my knowledge, fw .600 was the on which worked with Hangar 360.

Reactions: Elliott
Not sure if you guys know but there was the beta version then 2.0 came out and was in the app store then just saw last nite it had an update to 2.02 . Maybe that will help you . FWIW

Not sure if you guys know but there was the beta version then 2.0 came out and was in the app store then just saw last nite it had an update to 2.02 . Maybe that will help you . FWIW
Thanks. I tried the most recent update as well. Still refuse to work. The camera view shows nicely, but it does not start taking pictures or let me do anything else

Thanks. I tried the most recent update as well. Still refuse to work. The camera view shows nicely, but it does not start taking pictures or let me do anything else

I have the same issue. Neither .400 nor .700 will work. Is there any way to downgrade the Hangar software (iOs) back to version 1? Unfortunately I intentionally updated the Hangar app to the beta version on one device and a second device upgraded the app automatically.

.700 will work.
This is strange .. with my Mavic (.700) i have no problems with the current (2.02) Hangar 360 app.
The last update fixed the black screen video feed issue i had.

This is strange .. with my Mavic (.700) i have no problems with the current (2.02) Hangar 360 app.
The last update fixed the black screen video feed issue i had.

I have tried with both my .700 and my .400 Mavics. Neither works. It does as described above - flies up, focuses, turns to take the first picture, acts like its taking the photo, (you see it "shutter" click a few times), but then fails with a message something like "Camera payload failure" - "timeout error" (I can't recall exactly what it says). I've tried with either firmware, with/without using DJI Go in advance, checked that it's in JPEG mode, tried with 2 different iOs devices, upgraded to the Hangar 2.02 version. Same error every time. Never had an issue before with Hangar 1.x.

BTW, if I switch over to Litchi (after Hangar fails) while the craft is still in the air and flying at the exact same location in space, Litchi performs panorama shots (all 24+) without a hitch. So it's not something in the Mavic or something to do with the camera settings.

I have tried with both my .700 and my .400 Mavics. Neither works. It does as described above - flies up, focuses, turns to take the first picture, acts like its taking the photo, (you see it "shutter" click a few times), but then fails with a message something like "Camera payload failure" - "timeout error" (I can't recall exactly what it says). I've tried with either firmware, with/without using DJI Go in advance, checked that it's in JPEG mode, tried with 2 different iOs devices, upgraded to the Hangar 2.02 version. Same error every time. Never had an issue before with Hangar 1.x.

BTW, if I switch over to Litchi (after Hangar fails) while the craft is still in the air and flying at the exact same location in space, Litchi performs panorama shots (all 24+) without a hitch. So it's not something in the Mavic or something to do with the camera settings.
That's not what happens with me.
Hangar tells me it's not compatible and refuses to do anything.
Your problems are maybe the Mavic is set to video or sports mode..?

That's possible; Hangar introduced the possibility to not work with specific firmware versions in 1.2.

something like "Camera payload failure"
Yeah, i also had that issue in the Beta version (pre 2.00)
After the initial release, it worked as expected.

I am reverting my experimental Mavic to .700 again in the next days and see what's happening...

Sorry. Guess I read into your statement and assumed you were referencing the same thing when you said: "The camera view shows nicely, but it does not start taking pictures.."

Hangar does tell me (as it always has) to ensure that I am using the latest firmware. I just close that box and proceed normally. Hangar shows everything as I would expect for normal operation and does everything right up to taking the first photo. Allows me to start the process, takes off and moves to altitude, etc.. I did some Googling but couldn't find another instance of it described yet. I was going to ask this forum about it, when I saw your post on the same subject matter.

I'd be happy to go back to version 1.x but it doesn't offer it anymore in the App store. I could rollback using Charles Proxy but I'd need to know the link for the older version.

Neither condition is set improperly. I'm in GPS P-mode and on photo taking (with JPEG set as the format).

I am reverting my experimental Mavic to .700 again in the next days and see what's happening...

So did you get it to work with .700, or was it with a different firmware version?

Yes, it worked with. 700 (Both aircraft and RC)
IOS was on 10.3.3 at that time.

I'm using iOs 10.3.3 on one device and 11.0.2 on the other and it's the same behavior on both devices, so I don't think it's related to iOs version.

so I don't think it's related to iOs version
Yes, i agree - OS should not play any role on that issue. It must be something in the chain App/RC/Aircraft(firmware)

As Hangar360 puts its own camera payload to the aircraft before starting the mission, it might be possible that not all settings are valid or are not overwritten correctly. So maybe a camera reset in GO4 prior to launch Hangar360 will help. (i doubt it - but it's worth a try)

Any updates on this? Did anyone find the id numbers to get the old versions from iTunes using charles?

No.. But I have the old version still on an old iphone 6s+. If you tell me how to extract the *.ipa file from it, I'll be happy to share it.

No.. But I have the old version still on an old iphone 6s+. If you tell me how to extract the *.ipa file from it, I'll be happy to share it.

I have no idea, I will try to send out a request for help in determining the iTunes id number. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman