DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Happy Christmas from Cork Ireland

That is totally different from when I was there some 30+ years ago...mind blowing!! I was aboard a Navy Ship coming back from Norway and Cork was our port of call for liberty. We at the time were the largest ship to ever port there. So All crew and support were going out the front gangway on liberty and what seemed like the whole town of Cork was lined up for about a mile to visit on board ship and take a walk through coming in the rear gangway.. I remember taking a steam engine from Cork to Blarney Castle then to Dublin... You sir have a beautiful country and nice captures of your town. I remember that fountain (if it is the same) and went to a small store and bought my first Braun razor...memories revived...thanks mate :)

Attachments

• USS Inchon.jpg
    USS Inchon.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
wow, amazing, fantastic, and perfectly edited, compliments, it was a great pleasure to watch your video ?
How was it to fly aroung in the streets? No problem with people or even the authority?
cheers Paul and happy christmas to you! ?

wow, amazing, fantastic, and perfectly edited, compliments, it was a great pleasure to watch your video ?
How was it to fly aroung in the streets? No problem with people or even the authority?
cheers Paul and happy christmas to you! ?
No problems with people at all . Used my daughter as a spotter - she was directly underneath at all times keeping people away - not that there were many due to covid and the late hour and had two strobes on it. Even had 2 bicycle cops pull up marvel at the drone - they had no issue , and even recommend places to go. That said its up on a bogus account - I'm not Justin Casey in case someone from the aviation sector wanted to cause a ruckus.
Only other thing was when flying down streets your in ATTI mode as it cant pick up the satellites . Flying on a completely windless night is a must if doing this. So glad you enjoyed it.

That is totally different from when I was there some 30+ years ago...mind blowing!! I was aboard a Navy Ship coming back from Norway and Cork was our port of call for liberty. We at the time were the largest ship to ever port there. So All crew and support were going out the front gangway on liberty and what seemed like the whole town of Cork was lined up for about a mile to visit on board ship and take a walk through coming in the rear gangway.. I remember taking a steam engine from Cork to Blarney Castle then to Dublin... You sir have a beautiful country and nice captures of your town. I remember that fountain (if it is the same) and went to a small store and bought my first Braun razor...memories revived...thanks mate :)
Kind Sir , I remember it well . It was the Cork 800 celebrations and I was down the docks on my bike watching you come in the harbour . There was a Russian Naval vessel berthed directly across the way from you if I recall. Toured both ships that week.
Glad the video brought back some memories fore you

No problems with people at all . Used my daughter as a spotter - she was directly underneath at all times keeping people away - not that there were many due to covid and the late hour and had two strobes on it. Even had 2 bicycle cops pull up marvel at the drone - they had no issue , and even recommend places to go. That said its up on a bogus account - I'm not Justin Casey in case someone from the aviation sector wanted to cause a ruckus.
Only other thing was when flying down streets your in ATTI mode as it cant pick up the satellites . Flying on a completely windless night is a must if doing this. So glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for the intresting infos about your "town-shooting" The cops were really very nice ?? And it seems that you also have a very nice and lovely daughter ? Which drone do you own? I think with my Mini2 It would not be possible to make such amasing shots without any noise...
cheers Paul

Nice filming and editing Justin.

Tough location to film too, given you were flying low between lots of wires, poles, trees and buildings.

Missed my cruise in London and flew to Cork to make connections. I enjoyed the day and a half I spent touring your beautiful city. This video was just what we all needed to get us in the Christmas spirit. Well done !

Thanks for the intresting infos about your "town-shooting" The cops were really very nice ?? And it seems that you also have a very nice and lovely daughter ? Which drone do you own? I think with my Mini2 It would not be possible to make such amasing shots without any noise...
cheers Paul
Paul , Shot the video using my Mavic Air 2 . It really is one of the quietest drones out there. Most people didn't realize it was there from 20 feet away

Missed my cruise in London and flew to Cork to make connections. I enjoyed the day and a half I spent touring your beautiful city. This video was just what we all needed to get us in the Christmas spirit. Well done !
Thank you for your kind comments and seasons greetings to you

Nice filming and editing Justin.

Tough location to film too, given you were flying low between lots of wires, poles, trees and buildings.
Certainly was challenging , mostly because the drone was in ATTI mode most of the time due to the buildings blocking the satellites. I couldn't have done it had it not been a perfectly windless night.

Thanks - pleasing to get some joy whilst under our current restrictions here in the NW of London.
Watching our friends in England closely everyday on the news , scary times . I fear we are only 2 - 3 weeks behind you guys here the republic . Stay safe and keep the faith .Hopefully better times ahead next year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki