DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone had any issues with there Air when they have taken it overseas?

Reactions
Ive just taken my Air for the first time overseas and it wont fly anymore. It worked the first few times now it keeps saying compass calibration required. Ive tried calibrating everyday and different locations and terrain. Nothing works. Ive downlaoded the dji assitant app. restored the factory settings. refreshed the latest firmware. nothing works. dji support have been useless ive spoken to five different people and they keep giving me the same bs. has anyone had similar problems that could possibly help?

In Chile I bought the drone in Australia
Alright, now that may or may not make a difference, but I know some guys on here will be able to help and I know that would have been their first question.

I will ask, are you flying near any metal or cement with reinforcement in it?

I had a very similar problem with my old phantom 2 vision a few years ago while on holiday in the Caribbean. I just couldn’t get the dam thing to calibrate, I tried everything but with no luck:( my thoughts at the time was, ive bought it all this way I’m gonna fly it regardless. Not saying you should do that but that was just me.

On my return home, it recalibrated 1st time.......o_Oo_O

I can’t give any explanation.. sorry

I had a very similar problem with my old phantom 2 vision a few years ago while on holiday in the Caribbean. I just couldn’t get the dam thing to calibrate, I tried everything but with no luck:( my thoughts at the time was, ive bought it all this way I’m gonna fly it regardless. Not saying you should do that but that was just me.

On my return home, it recalibrated 1st time.......o_Oo_O

I can’t give any explanation.. sorry
Is there anyway I can fly it without recalibrating the compass? It won’t take off at the moment.

I have a new Mavic Air. Purchased it in Hong Kong. I am an American that owns a business near Shanghai, China. I brought it home and everything worked fine. IMU and calibrations worked on first calibration.

On the first of the year, I'm traveling back to the States for both business and pleasure. While there, I'll travel from Dallas to NYC to Orlando, then over to Corpus Christi and back to Dallas before I return home to China.

I plan on bringing my MA and filming as much of my trip as possible. I clicked on this post because I was concerned whether I'd be able to fly, hoping that there would be a definitive answer. Since there doesn't seem to be a solid answer on this topic, I'll still bring my gear. I'll post my findings when I return to China on May 1st.

Ive just taken my Air for the first time overseas and it wont fly anymore. It worked the first few times now it keeps saying compass calibration required. Ive tried calibrating everyday and different locations and terrain. Nothing works. Ive downlaoded the dji assitant app. restored the factory settings. refreshed the latest firmware. nothing works. dji support have been useless ive spoken to five different people and they keep giving me the same bs. has anyone had similar problems that could possibly help?
Distance from anywhere makes no difference to your drone or its compass calibration.
All DJI drones come from China and they work just fine anywhere.

If you have a problem with persistent difficulties in calibrating your compass, look at what's showing for the compass in the sensor section of your app settings.
It might show you what the problem really is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61