DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone seen a Mavic 3 arm break like this in a crash?

Ouch, that drone must have been moving pretty quickly to do that kind of damage.

21.3mph 9.5m/s which I don't think is particularly fast but it's not that that bothers me, for some reason I am wondering if this might be twisting failure ?

@Yorkshire_Pud twisting failure? ,well indeed it was possibly just that very thing
you can clearly see the impact marks, on the antenna housing at the end of the arm,which clearly exceeded the ability of the arm to resist such an impact,

@Yorkshire_Pud twisting failure? ,well indeed it was possibly just that very thing
you can clearly see the impact marks, on the antenna housing at the end of the arm,which clearly exceeded the ability of the arm to resist such an impact,
You may be correct but if the rock had 'grabbed' the antennae and the drone's momentum then caused the drone to twist I'd have thought the landing-leg/antennae might have come away from the motor housing - as I have seen in photos of crash damage to earlier mavic style drones.
I just think it is very odd that the break seems to have run along the arm .... to a considerable extent.

Last edited:
21.3mph 9.5m/s which I don't think is particularly fast but it's not that that bothers me, for some reason I am wondering if this might be twisting failure ?
I think you're right. It does look very like a torsion fracture. Bad luck for the owner.... but that is a REALLY impressive shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique