DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone taken advantage of no rangers in national parks?

Being as I'm a drone pilot, hugely interested and vested in protecting my hobby from negative press and negative opinions from the actions of idiots, I will document and report drone violations if I see them in the parks I visit. I consider it looking out for my own best interests concerning this hobby. I encourage others to do the same for our own protection. Document it with as much relavent information as possible and report it. Please. We're losing ground every day and I'm tired of it.

As a fly fisherman, I also report poachers to the TIP line, I am too old to take matters into my own hands, so let the authorities do it.

OF COURSE it makes noise! The inhabitants of that area of the forest hear it fall. How did we get so species-centric?

OO OO AH AH
You know, people... I HAVE to figure out how to unsubscribe to this thread. I keep getting emails from my "mom" telling me not to break the law.

It's redundancy at it's height.

PM a MOD, they will tell you how to unsubscribe.

Yes, go fly, and join all the other folks, abusing the National parks, due to the shutdown. Add your name to the list of folks, leaving trash, driving 4x4 and other off road vehicles in areas they are not allowed, leaving human waste everywhere. Overstaying and fighting at campgrounds.

Then post your video on Youtube and let all see what you did, then hope that later one once everything finally gets back to normal, that you don't get a fine.

Sad times,

Paul C

Remember this also, Joshua trees were cut down and toppled so 4 wheelers could go anywhere they wanted even thought there is hundreds of trails to drive on legally. It's the same thing.

Reactions: JDawg
Go fly to the parks, but be careful, because LANDING is irresponsible.
And if you land on the ground, you will make landing illegal for all of us who don't land at all.

[emoji848]

On another POV, this could be an opportunity to open up discussions about having a potential "Citizens UAV Force" that could be tapped (registered pilots in certain areas) when rescue or other reconnaissance missions might be necessary. We could actually be of service and not simply frowned upon. Part of that "training" may be to fly in those areas to become familiar with the terrain, etc. All very controlled and helpful.
It's the madness of too many UAV's in a pristine area that we all want to avoid, I'm sure.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
On another POV, this could be an opportunity to open up discussions about having a potential "Citizens UAV Force" that could be tapped (registered pilots in certain areas) when rescue or other reconnaissance missions might be necessary. We could actually be of service and not simply frowned upon. Part of that "training" may be to fly in those areas to become familiar with the terrain, etc. All very controlled and helpful.
It's the madness of too many UAV's in a pristine area that we all want to avoid, I'm sure.
THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder