DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has the annoying start up sound gone?

rabidhyena

Reactions
I noticed in a couple of videos eg
that there doesnt seem to be the usual start up sounds.
Is that now turn off-able?
That would be fantastic, as for me it always causes unnecessary attention, out at the scene or at home at my pc.

You can hear the startup sound here. There is no way to disable/change the startup sound.

It's really not loud or obnoxious sounding at all. If you're starting your Mavic up outside, people nearby will most likely not hear it -- unless of course they are standing right beside you.

It's the same as the Phantom 4 -- which is much quieter than the Phantom 3 startup sound.

Err, what exactly do you mean?
The start up sound of the remote control ( which is what the video shows) or the esc's on the aircraft sending a low frequency square wave to the motors which then resonate and act like a loudspeaker so you hear a start up tune from the aircraft?

Yes. I meant the aircraft noise. I couldn't hear it in that video I linked.
I'll just be pleased if it's a lot quieter than the p3.
I just like the idea of a quick quiet unpack and start up. Get it up to 100 feet super quick. Hold the much smaller remote and then hopefully people won't bother me/notice. I like discretion.
Also, when at home, updating etc etc, the P3 sound acted like a siren in the house, informing my family that I was probably free to do errands for them.
Cheers

Reactions: sonof40
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie