DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has the Smart Controller been discontinued?

Mike Drop

Reactions
B&H photo lists the Smart Controller as 'discontinued'. Any body gt the latest word?

Just did an online search & surprised to see nowhere in UK has any stock currently available, looks like DJI are pushing for selling just the new version RC Pro now, glad I kept my old smart controller to use with the M2P now as they will be no doubt hard to come by & probably sell very quickly once put up for sale, charged my new RC Pro SC up last night ready for arrival of M3 today for testing, curious to see how different it plays compared to the old SC.

If you try to buy the smart controller from DJI they tell you its not available. The RC Pro is the first result after searching for the smart controller. Seems to me the older controller is done and the RC Pro is the version we should see going forward. That leaves a few questions. The price currently is $400 more and that BHPhoto ad is providing the RC Pro for the same price as the previous smart controller. The deal is also for the Air 2S and RC Pro which could work together with a firmware update but nothing has been announced yet. Maybe the Jan release includes that. You see the delivery time is 2-4 weeks on the combo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syron