DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote for Mavic Mini

ColinH

Reactions
Does anyone know if I can get a replacement remote control for my Mavic Mini, with a 5"screen. The latest DJI RC is not compatible and the DJI Smart Remote, that was compatible is discontinued.

Buy a second hand "DJI Smart Remote" but first I would endeavour to confirm that that controller is compatible. I have the impression that the DJI Smart controller IS NOT compatible with the Mavic Mini.
Are you certain you are stating the correct drone model, what colour is you drone's existing controller?

Buy a second hand "DJI Smart Remote" but first I would endeavour to confirm that that controller is compatible. I have the impression that the DJI Smart controller IS NOT compatible with the Mavic Mini.
Are you certain you are stating the correct drone model, what colour is you drone's existing controller?
Hi, Thanks for your advice, the existing controller is black and it is definitely the Mavic Mini - Model MR1SS5. I will double check the old Smart Remote is compatible, in case I can find one

the existing controller is black and it is definitely the Mavic Mini - Model MR1SS5.
Taking "London" to mean London UK, I would suggest you check that model number again, that is the FCC model number, you should have the MR1SD25 (the CE version).

If you really do have the MR1SS5 controller and a Model number MT1SS5 drone you have a drone and controller that someone other than DJI has imported. Should you ever have to replace the drone or controller you might struggle to find an FCC compliant replacement in the UK.
You can not mix FCC and CE Mavic Mini drones and controllers.
Plus it might complicate the situation with the smart controller even more, in which case I'd check with DJI themselves before forking out for a smart controller.

Taking "London" to mean London UK, I would suggest you check that model number again, that is the FCC model number, you should have the MR1SD25 (the CE version).

If you really do have the MR1SS5 controller and a Model number MT1SS5 drone you have a drone and controller that someone other than DJI has imported. Should you ever have to replace the drone or controller you might struggle to find an FCC compliant replacement in the UK.
You can not mix FCC and CE Mavic Mini drones and controllers.
Plus it might complicate the situation with the smart controller even more, in which case I'd check with DJI themselves before forking out for a smart controller.
Yes, London UK and the drone is definitly MT1SS5. It was bought for me as a gift and I know it didn't come direct from DJI, although it all came in a 'proper' DJI box, so I think what you are saying is this kit was supposed to be for another territory. Thanks for all your help, I think I'll try and get an attachment to use a 6" tablet which may be more user friendly than my phone. If you know the best place to find something like that I'd again be very grateful. Many thanks, Colin

Yes, London UK and the drone is definitly MT1SS5. It was bought for me as a gift and I know it didn't come direct from DJI, although it all came in a 'proper' DJI box, so I think what you are saying is this kit was supposed to be for another territory. Thanks for all your help, I think I'll try and get an attachment to use a 6" tablet which may be more user friendly than my phone. If you know the best place to find something like that I'd again be very grateful. Many thanks, Colin
For a tablet holder .... I'd look on ebay and aim for an all metal construction except for, perhaps, the clamp. Perhaps something like this Aluminium Tablet Phone Holder Remote Control Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Zoom | eBay
but second hand and try to read reviews.
Alternatively 1) make your own with an aluminium plate, a tripod ball-head and a suitable bought clamp.
Alternative 2) clips such as Remote Control Mount Extended Clip Bracket Phone Holder for DJI Mavic Mini/2 Pro | eBay

None of those adverts carry a personal recommendation, they are merely conveniently found adverts that illustrate the type of accessory

For a tablet holder .... I'd look on ebay and aim for an all metal construction except for, perhaps, the clamp. Perhaps something like this Aluminium Tablet Phone Holder Remote Control Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Zoom | eBay
but second hand and try to read reviews.
Alternatively 1) make your own with an aluminium plate, a tripod ball-head and a suitable bought clamp.
Alternative 2) clips such as Remote Control Mount Extended Clip Bracket Phone Holder for DJI Mavic Mini/2 Pro | eBay

None of those adverts carry a personal recommendation, they are merely conveniently found adverts that illustrate the type of accessory
Thanks again for your input, just received new tablet holder which works with anything up to 12" and is quite a substantial build. Not quite as well balanced with a 10 " tab but mini ipad is perfect size.

Attachments

• 20230623_094354 (002).jpg
    20230623_094354 (002).jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member