DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

have a 3 and 3 pro using 3 pro camera and old3 gardemharfware

Sticcckkko

Reactions
own macic 3 and 3 pro. burd attacked one and I flew the other one into a tree I'm going to use the three camera Hardware like the gimbal holder and motors and all that and then put the three Pro Camera on that if I put the camera on upside down if I put it all back together in the camera pieces upside down can I adjust things to make it right or will it write itself or do I have to take it apart again and fix it

Do I understand you correctly and that you rebuilt the camera with the actual camera the wrong way up ?
Have you tested the rebuilt drone to see what, if any, error messages you get ?
I would be somewhat surprised if you did not get a 'calibration error' of some sort regarding the camera / motherboard combination.

What was broken on both drones ?
Is it possible that you could swap a bad shell from one drone for a good shell from the other and keep the working camera/gimbal assembly with the remainder of the innards of that drone but put them into the 'good'shell ?

I DO NOT know if the flight motors are interchangable.

You can't.

Cameras are paired to motherboards by a proprietary tool at DJI. Without this step, the drone will not see the camera.

Motors are simple powered devices, and can be replaced at will.

Do I understand you correctly and that you rebuilt the camera with the actual camera the wrong way up ?
Have you tested the rebuilt drone to see what, if any, error messages you get ?
I would be somewhat surprised if you did not get a 'calibration error' of some sort regarding the camera / motherboard combination.

What was broken on both drones ?
Is it possible that you could swap a bad shell from one drone for a good shell from the other and keep the working camera/gimbal assembly with the remainder of the innards of that drone but put them into the 'good'shell ?

I DO NOT know if the flight motors are interchangable.
yes i had a mini 3 and a mini 3 pro and a bird got my my mini 3 and the pro i flew into the tree and the gimble holde broke in half so i took the parts i needed off of the regular one and was building the pro back up and put it on upside down be cause the numbers on the face piece are upside down.

yes i had a mini 3 and a mini 3 pro and a bird got my my mini 3 and the pro i flew into the tree and the gimble holde broke in half so i took the parts i needed off of the regular one and was building the pro back up and put it on upside down be cause the numbers on the face piece are upside down.
like the circuit board part inside the eyebally thing is upsidedown i think. im not done putting it together. it seriously a huge pain in the *** and i hope i havnt broke anything

You can't.

Cameras are paired to motherboards by a proprietary tool at DJI. Without this step, the drone will not see the camera.

Motors are simple powered devices, and can be replaced at will.
so you cant use a camera from one drone on another? because taking this one apart it looked like someone had already done it once.. there was grey cement stuff inside it and looked tampered with for real.

Be careful, if the grey cement stuff was on chips or circuit boards it might be heat transfer paste and required.
ohhh ok idk it looked like it wasnt meant to be there and the cammera looke just like the one that came out of the regular 3? do they look identical? all the same chips and everything? whats the physical difference if any in the two?

there was some stuff between a square on the chip and where it touches whatever that is on the houusning part i already have it put back together or id take a picture havmt tried to fly it yet tho. when i do ill update here tho.

Interested in the results. If it works, I'm sure others will try with cheap broken minis.

Interested in the results. If it works, I'm sure others will try with cheap broken minis.
i bought the 3 pro from a guy that buys broken ones and fixes them and resells them so i wouldnt be suprised. i contaced him and he said he didnt mess with it and would send me whatever i need so thats cool. but it seriosly looks like someone messed with it espessially since the regular 3 looked brand new inside and clean

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd