DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have a question about manual setting

ebphoto

Reactions
So I was messing around with the camera settings today just holding the drone and walking around the backyard trying g to get proper exposure etc. I put the camera in 1080 120fps slowmo and then put a ND16 filter on. I put the shutter on 240 but it looked a little dark so tried at 200. Then started filming etc. I noticed that while it filmed in the sun everything looked pretty good, however the shades parts of the backyard were super dark. Then I put it in Auto mode and noticed this didnt happen. After watching the drone setting in auto mode I noticed the drone would actually raise and lower the ISO settings g to keep exposure. How the heck are you supposed to be able to do that? If supposedly your supposed to have double the shutter speed for "camera motion blur" how do you set the shutter speed and what it supposed to be but then not have underexposed shade or darker areas? Should I have put a different ND filter on like a 8 or 4? Also, I've never noticed camera motion blur or lack there of so are other people just **** about this of is it really a thing? One last question since I'm on a roll. Can someone explain what is mean by a 4k or 8k timeline? I keep hearing people say they're editing in a 4k timeline or saying they have trouble editing the 4k in a different timeline. I thought the timeline went off the fps not the resolution. Just curious. Thanks in advance...
E

Edit: Being condescending & pompous, this answer is of no use for anybody, thus I'm deleting it.

Someone more competent will be able to answer the question.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebphoto
I understand what they do & I was in Manual mode & I understand the basics of DSLR photography even though it’s been a long time since I’ve done anything with one. I was just wondering why the shade areas where too dark & what people do to correct that when they’re using and filters. I was only in the backyard walking around w it because it was Extremely bright out, no cloud cover & bright bright sunny day here in Florida & I thought I’d mess around to learn some of the settings while on the ground instead of up flying. Less to worry about. I also tried it in other modes or resolutions as well. Didn’t mean to set off a bomb by asking a question about what people do. You obviously are too well versed and a pro to be bothered by such a question which begs why you even bothered trying to answer. Sorry if my question offended you so. I guess I’ll ask the Autel forum since they seem to be a little less hyped up. And I apologize in advance if I sound a little miffed but I cannot stand it when people try and ask a question then get told their stupid, not in those exact words, for asking a question. Thats how people learn. Thanks anyways.....

E

Reactions: BERNIEdoc
It was not my intention to offend you, I thought I made that clear. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I was just trying to make you see how complex the subject was and how hard would it be to explain without breaking it down in segments. And no, I don't talk down to anyone, this is a place where we all come to seek help, including myself. Sorry if I offended you, maybe read my post again.

Fly safe.

ND2 lets 1/2 of the light through - correct.
But ND4 lets 1/4 through , ND8 = 1/8th etc.
1 stop, 2, 3, 4... Of course, I was writing, going back, deleting, correcting... My bad, but not important, I sounded like... You know.

Reactions: Meta4
Also, I've never noticed camera motion blur or lack there of so are other people just **** about this of is it really a thing?
It's not as much of a thing as many forum posts would have you believe.
Particularly where the drone is far from the subjects and there isn't much moving in the scene.
Try with and without to see what looks good to your eye.

Particularly where the drone is far from the subjects and there isn't much moving in the scene.
It was not my intention to offend you, I thought I made that clear. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I was just trying to make you see how complex the subject was and how hard would it be to explain without breaking it down in segments. And no, I don't talk down to anyone, this is a place where we all come to seek help, including myself. Sorry if I offended you, maybe read my post again.

Fly safe.
I did, I read it three times and it came across as very condescending. It’s fine, we all have days. I understand how complex it it. I understand how or why the iso was going up and down I just wondered how to control that when flying the drone because the shaded areas are way too dark.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Yeah I don’t really notice much. I guess you would if it had lots of movement or action happening but with a drone up high I don’t notice at all, probably just me. Thank you for the answer though....

I did, I read it three times and it came across as very condescending. It’s fine, we all have days. I understand how complex it it. I understand how or why the iso was going up and down I just wondered how to control that when flying the drone because the shaded areas are way too dark.
Agreed! Condescending & pompous. And you’re not the first to get this tone in a reply from him/her.

Reactions: ebphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv