DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have I damaged the gimbal?

PeteS2017

Reactions
I have a horrible feeling that I might have damaged my MA before I even flew it. I put it on a flat surface then switched it on, forgetting that you have to fold out those two front legs. This meant that the camera tried to go through its pre-flight movements with no clearance. The video I took afterwards looks stable enough but I'm worried I put too much strain on the gimbal.

Extend your legs, and do a gimbal autocalibration on the table. If it passes the test, it might be ok. Then when you get around to flying it, check for bouncy video, or gimbal motor overload error messages. If everything looks ok, you might be fine.

Reactions: nitishsha
I have a horrible feeling that I might have damaged my MA before I even flew it. I put it on a flat surface then switched it on, forgetting that you have to fold out those two front legs. This meant that the camera tried to go through its pre-flight movements with no clearance. The video I took afterwards looks stable enough but I'm worried I put too much strain on the gimbal.
I've done a similar thing with my Mavic Pro, turned it on with the gimbal lock. I think so long as you catch it fairly quickly it shouldn't cause damage.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452