DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have I missed something?

noosaguy

Reactions
Hi guys, a real newbie here. Now I may have missed something with my new M2pro because it's only 3 days old and my first drone as well. But what I am finding frustrating at present is that it appears every time I fly I have to restore my favourite settings etc. They seem to default back to DJI's settings when the power is turned off. I bought the M2pro for it's photography capability and (for example) want the image mode ALWAYS set to RAW. However when I start up again it defaults to JPEG. There are a number of preferred settings I would like to retain. Is there a way of setting up the M2pro with ALL my favourite settings and having them retained when the power is turned off?
Cheers
Tony

Reactions: AeroJ
I have this problem on my Typhoon H, so am quite keen to know if it can be avoided on the M2P for when I crossgrade...
On the TH it's even worse, as some settings are remembered but not others - I can't work out why that would possibly be the case, but it is !

Reactions: noosaguy
I have this problem on my Typhoon H, so am quite keen to know if it can be avoided on the M2P for when I crossgrade...
On the TH it's even worse, as some settings are remembered but not others - I can't work out why that would possibly be the case, but it is !
I'm no expert but I reckon it should be as easy as a firmware upgrade. I'm going to try and make the suggestion to DJI but before that I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.

The settings should stay as you set them, try doing a firmware refresh, if that fails then delete and reinstall the app.

Some firmware updates will reset settings but so far only one update with the MP2 which is a required update to enable some functions.

Reactions: noosaguy
Hi guys, a real newbie here. Now I may have missed something with my new M2pro because it's only 3 days old and my first drone as well. But what I am finding frustrating at present is that it appears every time I fly I have to restore my favourite settings etc. They seem to default back to DJI's settings when the power is turned off. I bought the M2pro for it's photography capability and (for example) want the image mode ALWAYS set to RAW. However when I start up again it defaults to JPEG. There are a number of preferred settings I would like to retain. Is there a way of setting up the M2pro with ALL my favourite settings and having them retained when the power is turned off?
Most settings are sticky but it's normal for some of the camera settings to have to be reset each flight.
You quickly learn which ones you need to check at the start of a flight.

Most settings are sticky but it's normal for some of the camera settings to have to be reset each flight.
No, everything should stay as you set it.
Note if you use the automate flight modes it will change some settings into auto and you might need change back manually.

Reactions: Kilrah
Everything is saved with my Mavic 2, never looses any settings that I can think of.

Just remember the RC and drone must be both turned on for setting to be saved.

Just going into the app with the drone or RC off will not save any settings you enter.

Everything is saved with my Mavic 2, never looses any settings that I can think of.
Okay but does that include ISO, aperture and RAW camera settings? When I make changes both are switched on but maybe there's a way of saving settings that I haven't found. Hmmm!

Okay but does that include ISO, aperture and RAW camera settings? When I make changes both are switched on but maybe there's a way of saving settings that I haven't found. Hmmm!

Well darn that is three things I never set, I always use Auto and JPG so can't say if those settings stick.

Well darn that is three things I never set, I always use Auto and JPG so can't say if those settings stick.
Thanks, the only reason I bought the M2P was for its new camera with the 1" sensor. There's no doubt it should be capable of extremely good images. But, being a photographer first and foremost, I (almost) always shoot in RAW and I want my ISO to be as low as possible to minimise shadow noise. Every time I set them and shut down they default back to JPEG and AUTO ISO. I find it quite annoying to have to go through the menus to reset them every time.

Hi Meta4, On all my cameras settings like ISO and RAW etc are set and forget. It's frustrating that doesn't seem to be the case on the M2P.
Looking at your images do you shoot RAW or JPEG? RAW offers so much more information for post editing.

Hi Meta4, On all my cameras settings like ISO and RAW etc are set and forget. It's frustrating that doesn't seem to be the case on the M2P.
Looking at your images do you shoot RAW or JPEG? RAW offers so much more information for post editing.
I swim against the current and shoot jpg as most of my subjects are fast moving and I'm shooting brackets as well.
If I shot raw, I wouldn't get many shots off as I'd be waiting for the camera to write the files while my subjects sail away.
On earlier versions of the app, the settings used to stay but I have to set bracketing every time I power up the drone.

I swim against the current and shoot jpg as most of my subjects are fast moving and I'm shooting brackets as well.
If I shot raw, I wouldn't get many shots off as I'd be waiting for the camera to write the files while my subjects sail away.
On earlier versions of the app, the settings used to stay but I have to set bracketing every time I power up the drone.
I haven't tried it yet because I'm still trying to master flying the thing but with a fast card 100 MBS surely the difference between JPEG and RAW isn't that great? I guess I'm just beginning to find some of the limitations of the camera.
It would seem to me, things like preferred camera settings, could easily be solved as a firmware update I would think. Let's hope.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm still trying to master flying the thing but with a fast card 100 MBS surely the difference between JPEG and RAW isn't that great? I guess I'm just beginning to find some of the limitations of the camera.
It would seem to me, things like preferred camera settings, could easily be solved as a firmware update I would think. Let's hope.
The SD card speed isn't the bottleneck, the camera write speed is - and it's got very little buffer to help. (not sure if the new Mavic is the same)

The SD card speed isn't the bottleneck, the camera write speed is - and it's got very little buffer to help.
Blimey, I really have to get my head around this but I don't think the write speed will affect me too much because I don't see myself shooting fast moving subjects all that often.
Are you bracketing for better dynamic range (HDR)?

Blimey, I really have to get my head around this but I don't think the write speed will affect me too much because I don't see myself shooting fast moving subjects all that often.
Are you bracketing for better dynamic range (HDR)?
Not with fast moving subjects.
I bracket to have a couple of exposure options to choose from, particular with highlights on bright days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse