DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have I missed something?

Yes ... and it takes about 7 secs for my camera to write the files before I can shoot again.
I just tried the thing outside and a couple of things... Firstly, it seems to be holding my preferred camera settings to RAW, ISO 100 and aperture of F4.5. GREAT!
Secondly, and I didn't time it, it doesn't seed like 7 seconds to me, it seems to be quicker than that.

perhaps! I've nothing to compare it to.
Here are 2 images from a moment ago... the first is out of the camera unedited RAW (DNG) and the second with a bit of tweaking in Lightroom
DJI_0023-2.jpg after edit (1 of 1).jpg

Actually, I'm quite impressed with the image quality. Okay it's not up to my Canon 5D III or even my 2 APS-C sensor Canons (80D and G1X III) but I can see that I will be able to get very nice images in some hard to get to places. I'm smiling now :)

The Mavic 2 is newer so it may be faster
Hi meta4 your Noosa Images (panos)... are great... you must be shooting with a polariser? Question is, is it a CPL or simply a PL. I'm not sure a CPL is needed with a fixed focal length lens?
Also, how do you set the polariser for maximum result? Do you choose a location to shoot from prior to flying to ensure you have the sun at 90 degrees?

Hi meta4 your Noosa Images (panos)... are great... you must be shooting with a polariser? Question is, is it a CPL or simply a PL. I'm not sure a CPL is needed with a fixed focal length lens?
Also, how do you set the polariser for maximum result? Do you choose a location to shoot from prior to flying to ensure you have the sun at 90 degrees?
No .. with the camera is rotating nearly 180 degrees to take in the whole scene, a polariser would be too tricky to use with a big panorama on a drone.
I just try to have the sun behind the drone as much as possible to light the scene.
(and I try for a run-in tide to get good water colours in the river)

Reactions: noosaguy
No .. with the camera is rotating nearly 180 degrees to take in the whole scene, a polariser would be too tricky to use with a big panorama on a drone.
I just try to have the sun behind the drone as much as possible to light the scene.
(and I try for a run-in tide to get good water colours in the river)
Thanks mate I'm probably overthinking this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot