DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have Mini 3 pro/RC controller, getting Avata, integra,motion controller….

pinzmann

Reactions
How much of a hassle is it to bind/ unbind everything to use the goggles and motion controller with the mini 3 and then revert back to the Avata? Do I have to unbind the mini 3 from the RC controller? Is that “you can only do this 5 times” window going to pop up?

No it's not like that. If you are impatient and you're not a fan of DJI then you might find the process to be cumbersome but it's not really that bad. Remember, we demanded all this compatibility and we told DJI to make it work; whatever it takes. So I would say if you are in your 20s or less and all you have known is what we have today, then the process sux. Otherwise, the way this all works together is nothing short of brilliant and nobody else can offer anything that comes even close when it comes to a wide range of drones and remotes. Feel free to connect and re-connect to all of your drones as often as you wish with no flight limitations. All you'll need to do is "switch" the goggles and then take a couple of seconds to manually connect the motion controller 2. There is no unbinding of anything.

Actually, you are wrong. Having just done the actions, you must un-bind the controller you had previously hooked to the aircraft. Then bind the goggles and motion controller 2. To switch back, you must do the opposite un-binding procedure and bind the RC controller to the aircraft. It is a complete kludge of a procedure, while yes the hardware is brilliant, the software procedure in this instance is very poorly implemented. Then there is the fact the instructions in no way reflect the actual procedures to switch let's say the Avata and the Mini 3 Pro as your selected aircraft to control with the Goggles, Motion Controller 2. Then there is the fact you must leave the phone connected to your goggles to actually fly the Mini 3 Pro with the Goggles 2 and Motion Controller 2. This is due to the very poorly implemented Remote ID implementation of the Goggles 2 Motion Controller 2 software.

I am a fan of the DJI family of equipment. I have quite a bit invested in the Enterprise Mavic 3T and the 3 Pro. I just do not appreciate very poorly done software and poorly written manuals and equally poorly informed tech reps on DJI's side. They have a lot of products requiring a lot of software and revisions. It is just so very sad that something, highly advertised, should work so poorly. I tried this out to use in the field to inspect high rock walls, I am a geologist and thought this may be a solution to rock climbing to check out features. So I got the Mini 3 Pro on this advertised feature. It has turned out to be quite the disappointment.

Actually, you are wrong. Having just done the actions, you must un-bind the controller you had previously hooked to the aircraft. Then bind the goggles and motion controller 2. To switch back, you must do the opposite un-binding procedure and bind the RC controller to the aircraft. It is a complete kludge of a procedure, while yes the hardware is brilliant, the software procedure in this instance is very poorly implemented. Then there is the fact the instructions in no way reflect the actual procedures to switch let's say the Avata and the Mini 3 Pro as your selected aircraft to control with the Goggles, Motion Controller 2. Then there is the fact you must leave the phone connected to your goggles to actually fly the Mini 3 Pro with the Goggles 2 and Motion Controller 2. This is due to the very poorly implemented Remote ID implementation of the Goggles 2 Motion Controller 2 software.

I am a fan of the DJI family of equipment. I have quite a bit invested in the Enterprise Mavic 3T and the 3 Pro. I just do not appreciate very poorly done software and poorly written manuals and equally poorly informed tech reps on DJI's side. They have a lot of products requiring a lot of software and revisions. It is just so very sad that something, highly advertised, should work so poorly. I tried this out to use in the field to inspect high rock walls, I am a geologist and thought this may be a solution to rock climbing to check out features. So I got the Mini 3 Pro on this advertised feature. It has turned out to be quite the disappointment.
The OP is asking about the Integra and MC2, not about RC and a phone and Goggles 2. It's not a hassle at all, in fact, I would say it's pretty easy. YMMV

Reactions: Torque
DJI isn't the only cow in the barn and since this is a MAVIC forum you will hear only praise for DJI. I like my DJI drones and the fact that I can get a drone with digital transmission is nice, HOWEVER their are many drone companies making great Drones (GEPRC ,Lumineer, as well as others) All these other drones use the same rc receiver tech with means I can buy 1 radio (radiomaster t16) for all of my drones (Except DJI) and a simple flick of a switch binds any drone ,same goes for the goggles you can use any brand goggle ( except DJI) on any drone with the same receiver. The occusync tech in the DJI drones is only compatible with their equipment so to use their drones you use their rules lol .

Last edited:
Off track on this thread. On the Enterprise solution drones in the 3 series, DJI removed camera control. It exists in the consumer drones and it did in the 2 series Enterprise drones, just not there in the 3 series. The icon is there, just doesn't do anything. As a result, I had to get a Mavic 3 Pro recently, since in certain lighting situations the Enterprise camera could really benefit from the control, but it has been disabled. Then the same issue exists, I have to carry two controllers, the RC Pro and the RC Pro Enterprise in addition to the two drones. I don't drive, I hike, since most of what we, geologists, look at is not close to anything.

So no, DJI is not perfect, nice drones, but there is some goofiness in the software, particularly the walled garden issues between models. For me it is becoming moot anyhow. Next year I will not be able to use DJI drones at many mines and claims owned by many mining companies. There are security issues. The alternative drones I will most likely get have better range, can power better instruments, but their cost is more in the $50-$100k range. It will be a pass the cost onto the customer thing. Still cheaper than running my regular aircraft since I have to bill transit to & from the site to the airport.

Oh, the binding thing is way worse in DJI Pilot 2.

^Understood and feel your pain. It's not always easy to please the commercial and professional sectors, really challenging for sure. For the consumer space and for recreational use, DJI is nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: Torque
Actually, you are wrong. Having just done the actions, you must un-bind the controller you had previously hooked to the aircraft.
Terminology confusion. No unbinding necessary. "Bind" is DJI's term for associating a drone with an actual owner. Every customer must create a DJI online account and "bind" the drone to it. This is done to support flyaway coverage and a modicum of theft protection.

You only unbind a drone when transferring it to another owner.

The process in question here is called "linking", and can be done as many times as necessary to associate a controller with the aircraft (so the drone will respond to it), and goggles too if FPV.

Just telling you the process says Binding RC Controller with Mini 3 Pro when You go back to the RC Controller. Their terms not mine. You do not get really any messages in the goggles, just stops beeping.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25