DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have the zoom, want to get spark or air.. but which one?

sgrinavi

Reactions
Hey all,

This is my first post here

I have the M2 zoom and love it, I was thinking about picking up the Air or the Spark for smaller spaces, like flying around the yard. I think the spark probably has enough features & range (and I love the price), but I'm not so sure about the 2 axis gimbal and the portability of the Air actually seem a little better since it folds up.

Which one would you get and why?

I have both the Spark and the Air. When you factor in the case to hold batteries, charger, extra props, etc, the size is basically a wash between the two. If you are going super light with just the drone, one battery and controller then the Air wins. You can fit it with case in a cargo pants pocket, and the controller is more sturdy due to the removable sticks.

To me the Spark is slightly more agile and zippy than the Air, although it's close, and obviously subjective. The Spark is just fun to fly!

The two axis gimbal is not as big a deal as I thought it would be. It's really stable and takes great videos.

I do like the advanced modes and "tricks" of the Air like asteroid and also the APAS system.

If it is your second drone and you're looking for fun and portability, I would go with the Spark.

I have both the Spark and the Air. When you factor in the case to hold batteries, charger, extra props, etc, the size is basically a wash between the two. If you are going super light with just the drone, one battery and controller then the Air wins. You can fit it with case in a cargo pants pocket, and the controller is more sturdy due to the removable sticks.

To me the Spark is slightly more agile and zippy than the Air, although it's close, and obviously subjective. The Spark is just fun to fly!

The two axis gimbal is not as big a deal as I thought it would be. It's really stable and takes great videos.

I do like the advanced modes and "tricks" of the Air like asteroid and also the APAS system.

If it is your second drone and you're looking for fun and portability, I would go with the Spark.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: sgrinavi
I have both the Spark and Air (in addition to the M2ED.) Both are great drones. You won't go wrong with either one. I like to travel with the Spark and use it for impromptu spur-of-the-moment videos. Like this one where I pulled into a vacant parking lot on a freezing windy Dec day by the lake in Branson to shoot something cool with the wife:

Last edited:
Reactions: sgrinavi and Canuk
I have had my Spark for over a year and my Air sense Christmas. Because the weather here in the Midwest has sucked this year have only flown my Air a couple of times. Have to say at this point I still love my Spark, it is a tank and can take a beating and is so much fun to fly. So for the money I would pick Sparkles. I could change my mind after a few more hours with the Air but don’t think so, Happy Flying

I have a different opinion than the previous posters...I've owned both birds in addition to my M2Z. The Spark just didn't meet the photography/feature standards I was looking for. Plus it doesn't fold which makes it less portable than the air. The Air is an amazing piece of tech that rivals the M2 in most areas. The Spark just has a kind of cheap, toy feel to me, whereas the Air has that similar professional feel that the M2 has. If it were me, I would choose the Air. However, if cheap is what you're looking for, then the spark is a good way to go. You get what you pay for though!

I just ordered a spark, got a new fly more kit from an authorized dealer for $460 shipped - AND ITS GREEN! lol

Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: PhantomFandom

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid