DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have You Met Anyone Famous ?

Murph66

Reactions
Have you ever met anyone famous ? I once met Bill Shankly after a Liverpool game at Anfield in the supporters club bar, I turned into a jabbering wreck and he looked me straight in the eye and said in his best Scottish accent " How are ye Laddie" I also met the Chef Keith Floyd outside The Spaniard pub in Kinsale, there was only one seat unoccupied outside after getting a pint o the black stuff and I asked this fella if he minded me joining him as he was sitting alone , he obliged and I sat down, we started chatting and after about 15 minutes he said "You have no idea who you're talking to do you ? I answered "No Sorry" He said "I'm Keith Floyd the Chef" The penny dropped. He was cracking company. How bout yerselves ?

spaniard.jpg

Reactions: Cafguy
I have an unfair advantage. I used to look after the Artists Door at the Royal Albert Hall in London. If they performed there I saw and spoke to them. When it comes to their fans the Nicest artist, Barry Manilow. During a break in his sound check he went outside in an absolute downpours to greet a queue of waiting fans and took time to talk to many. The Worst? Sting. When they left they had bagged ALL their fan mail in black bin bags and left them to be thrown out with the rubbish. Two opposite sides of the spectrum concerning fans! Fun years.

Nope

I had Terry Waite pass me once on a street but I was fairly certain he gets enough people pestering him so I didn't do anything. My memory is that he is huge, well over 6ft. Some guys further up the street said yep it was him, I guess I had a puzzled look on my face lol.
I saw lulu in a book shop at an airport, I'd have loved to get her autograph but figured the same thing so left her in peace, she it tiny but still cute as a button lol.

Reactions: Murph66
"The sea was angry that day my friends" lol-- It was standing room only just like any day at Canters! He was sitting in a booth by himself and asked my friend and I if we would like to take a seat in the booth. Nicest person ever! I told him The "Whale story" was a TV classic and we talked about the nice day- It was strange what a normal conversation it was.

Congressmen and Senators over the years but many would consider them infamous rather than famous. A few celebrities: Dean Martin and Cheryl Tiegs, and some sports figures: Mark Fidrych, Bill Laimbeer, and John Salley.

• Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
I met Rocky Marciano in Okinawa when he did a exhibition bout 68 or 9 when I was stationed there. Also Met most of the NASCAR drivers in the late 90's. Dale Earnhardt and Jr, Richard Petty, Mark Martin and many others. I worked security at NHIS for 5 years

Have you ever met anyone famous ?
I was fortunate enough in the early 1980's to spend a week a Canyon Ranch, a luxurious health spa in Tucson, Arizona. They have a big steam room and one day I walked in and had the whole room to myself.

Until this guy walks in and sits down across the way. "How do you make this thing hotter?" he asks. So I show him how to crank the steam, and soon the room became mostly opaque.

"So what do you do?" asks the guy, as he tucks his long hair into a shower cap on his head, that made him look bald. I start telling him about my computer software company, what I'm working on. He's really interested in what I'm doing and asks a lot of questions. It's nice when someone, a complete stranger especially, takes a sincere and genuine interest in finding out who you are. After a while, I thought I should ask him what he did, and so I asked: "So what do you do?" Our conversation went something like this:

"I'm in a band," he says. I've been in a few bands too, and so I figure his band is currently touring in Tucson, and hanging out at this great spa between gigs.

So I ask, "Are you playing somewhere local here in Tucson? Maybe I can come out and see you?"

"No, we're getting ready to go on a big tour - collecting our strength, getting clean and sober, but still having fun.

"I used to play clarinet, flute, sax, and keyboard in some bands. Not in a band now though. What instrument do you play?"

"My voice - I'm the lead singer."

"Cool! What's the name of your band? Maybe I've heard of you?"

"Aerosmith."

"Wow, yeah I remember listening to you in high school. Love your stuff. You look pretty young for your age. How old are you?

"I'm 40."

"Wow, you look great for your age! You look a lot younger. What's your secret?"

He pauses for a moment, looks me right in the eyes, and with a serious expression says, "Plenty of pu$$y!"

And with that, he jumps up completely naked, while pulling his showercap down over his eyes, and then starts jumping around like a demented pogo stick. "Look! I'm a giant bouncing condom!" And then he starts singing a giant bouncing condom song, heads out of the steam room, and off into the distance, still singing the song.

I liked Steven Tyler a lot during our one chance encounter, naked, in a steam room in Tucson, Arizona in the 1980's.

1721163798955.png

I was fortunate enough in the early 1980's to spend a week a Canyon Ranch, a luxurious health spa in Tucson, Arizona. They have a big steam room and one day I walked in and had the whole room to myself.

Until this guy walks in and sits down across the way. "How do you make this thing hotter?" he asks. So I show him how to crank the steam, and soon the room became mostly opaque.

"So what do you do?" asks the guy, as he tucks his long hair into a shower cap on his head, that made him look bald. I start telling him about my computer software company, what I'm working on. He's really interested in what I'm doing and asks a lot of questions. It's nice when someone, a complete stranger especially, takes a sincere and genuine interest in finding out who you are. After a while, I thought I should ask him what he did, and so I asked: "So what do you do?" Our conversation went something like this:

"I'm in a band," he says. I've been in a few bands too, and so I figure his band is currently touring in Tucson, and hanging out at this great spa between gigs.

So I ask, "Are you playing somewhere local here in Tucson? Maybe I can come out and see you?"

"No, we're getting ready to go on a big tour - collecting our strength, getting clean and sober, but still having fun.

"I used to play clarinet, flute, sax, and keyboard in some bands. Not in a band now though. What instrument do you play?"

"My voice - I'm the lead singer."

"Cool! What's the name of your band? Maybe I've heard of you?"

"Aerosmith."

"Wow, yeah I remember listening to you in high school. Love your stuff. You look pretty young for your age. How old are you?

"I'm 40."

"Wow, you look great for your age! You look a lot younger. What's your secret?"

He pauses for a moment, looks me right in the eyes, and with a serious expression says, "Plenty of pu$$y!"

And with that, he jumps up completely naked, while pulling his showercap down over his eyes, and then starts jumping around like a demented pogo stick. "Look! I'm a giant bouncing condom!" And then he starts singing a giant bouncing condom song, heads out of the steam room, and off into the distance, still singing the song.

I liked Steven Tyler a lot during our one chance encounter, naked, in a steam room in Tucson, Arizona in the 1980's.

View attachment 176270
Now that's a good story!

I met Father Mulcahy from MASH in a pub in town here in Edmonton. He was in town doing a show at a dinner theatre and was having a few drinks one night after a show. He wasn't feeling any pain lol.

This guy. In Vegas many years ago playing a crap table and he jumped in next to me.
He actually was wearing the same headgear. Know who he is?
Clue: They had a really nice hot rod.IMG_6127.png

• Haha
When I worked EMS in Brooklyn years ago, a few months after 9/11, they were filming NYPD Blue in Willamsburg. My partner and I got to meet and talk with Dennis Franz (Det. Sipowicz). He spoke with us for 45 minutes and even told the crew, “we’ll go back to filming after I’m done talking with real heros.” He then asked if we wanted to meet Mark Paul Gosselaar and we said sure. He calls him “Mark!”, he was on the phone and puts his pinky up to say one minute. Dennis goes again, “Mark!” Another minute goes by and he “Mark Paul Gosselaar get over here and meet these guys!” He hangs up the phone and comes over. My partner goes “Zack Morris, great to meet you.” He gave a sarcastic laugh, took pictures with us and walked away. Dennis laughs and said “Well there you go, you pissed him off. He wants to be a serious actor now and forget about the role that made him.” Then we got a call and had to go. I wish I knew where the pictures are.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney