DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you registered your MM with the FAA?

Hi everyone. I’m confused.
I am consider getting my Recreational license.
I have know idea about the information I need to take the test. How hard is the test.
if I were to get the Recreational license is the number you get for it the number you place on the drone instead of Registering the drone itself.
My MM is overweight with landing extenders.
Doug
Register with FAA... follow prompts on the site.
If you register as hobbyist you are registering you as a pilot and the same number goes on any drone you now or ever own.
If you get a 107 the registration number for each drone is obtained separately and is unique... so in this case each drone has a different number because it’s the drone you are registering.

Register with FAA... follow prompts on the site.
If you register as hobbyist you are registering you as a pilot and the same number goes on any drone you now or ever own.
If you get a 107 the registration number for each drone is obtained separately and is unique... so in this case each drone has a different number because it’s the drone you are registering.
Thanks for the quick response.
If I register as a hobbies is their question that I have to answer and if so where do I go to learn before a test.
is their a Difference between hobbies and recreational.
sorry for the confusion.

If I register as a hobbies is their question that I have to answer and if so where do I go to learn before a test.
sorry for the confusion.
That question is the first one you answer in the online application.... yes to the second question. Refer to the FAA site for details beyond having to pass a test.

sorry for the confusion.
There currently exists no test recreational drone pilots need to pass.

Someday there may be one. Today there isn’t.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S