DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having 2 drones on one RC remote

minipro3

Reactions
I would like to buy a spare drone to use when the first one is being repaired or disabled. How hard is it to switch drones to my RC and what's involved? I have a mini 3 Pro

While you can fly multiple drones with the same remote controller, all remote controllers can only be linked to one drone at a time. Relinking the remote controller takes less than 30 seconds, so it should still be pretty convenient even if you need to relink sometimes.

DJI drones are only compatible with certain remote controllers, so you might still need to carry several remote controllers with you depending on what you're flying.

Last edited:
If you're using a remote controller without a screen, you'll need to link the remote controller to the drone each time you want to switch.

If you're using a remote controller with a screen (the DJI RC in this case) you can easily switch between any drone that has been previously linked to the remote controller. DJI makes several remote controllers with screens and not all drones are compatible with all of those remote controllers.
I have a RC with a screen

I have a RC with a screen
FYI, I updated my response above. It doesn't matter which remote controller you're using -- all can only be linked to one drone at a time.

If you're not sure how to link your Mini 3 Pro to a remote controller, you can find those details in the Mavic 3 Pro manual.

I would like to buy a spare drone to use when the first one is being repaired or disabled. How hard is it to switch drones to my RC and what's involved? I have a mini 3 Pro
You just hold down the power button on the battery for 4 seconds until it starts beeping. Then goto the control tab of fly and at the bottom there's relink in blue. Hit that.

I fly both my Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S with the same DJI RC with inbuilt screen. The first time I used it with the second drone I had to link them as shb says above. Now whenever I switch drones the RC flashes a message that it is updating and then connects automatically. This leaves the original remote control as a spare just in case my present set-up ever fails.

Obviously I can't fly both drones simultaneously.

Reactions: shb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR