DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

having trouble with cancelling RTH

So in summary, there may be a reason to cancel RTH that you don’t expect until the s—t hits the fan. Regards, and don’t panic it never helps.
In agreement with you, this is the reason I think it is a good idea to go to a safe area and trigger all the RTH behaviours, nothing beats experiencing them to teach you about them.

Whilst, in the "cold light of day", pressing OK to confirm that you wish to cancel the RTH seems logical, when you are in panic/fraught mode pressing "cancel" does seem appropriate, it has caught me out too.

Maybe "cancel" is not the 'best' word for DJI to use in that situation, maybe "Dismiss" or something similar would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I panicked. I pushed the cancel RTH button, the display asked me “ cancel or okay” I picked cancel. Wrong answer. This cancelled my cancel
Oh I see...I don't remember ever seeing those options but good to know it might happen. If I did ever see those options I would probably be confused...it seems it should be worded "cancel RTH?" with a yes or no option"

That's what I tried before mashing it for several seconds.
Also quick tip if you want it to actually land on that pad is take it up to 25 ish ft which is 7 m. well to be precise 7 m is about 22 feet and 11.5 inches so 7 Meters is literally a half an inch away from 23 ft I always take my flight up till about 25 ft and every single time it comes back right on the mark... anyway take it up to about 24 to 25 ft at a nice steady rate not too fast but not too slow nothing crazy just take it up to that height let it hover for a second and then you can go about your flight I guarantee you next time you hit return to home it will land on your pad

take it up to about 24 to 25 ft at a nice steady rate not too fast but not too slow nothing crazy just take it up to that height let it hover for a second
That's what I always do but not slowly...I'll try to remember to try nice and steady.

Another way to cancel RTH is by switching the Flight Mode Switch.
At least this works on all DJI drones I have currently flown with, unfortunately this does NOT include the Mavic Air 2 (yet ;) ).

If RTH is activated and is being executed, switch from Normal mode to Sport mode (for example).
RTH should stop immediately.

If desired, you can switch back to Normal mode of course (RTH will not re-activate).

I prefer this method of overruling RTH (or any other automated flight mode, like Active Track, etc.) since it is faster and easier to perform.
The switch is easily found by feel only, so no need to take your eyes of the drone!:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conny.malmen