DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hawaii Filter Advice?

wfwforde

Reactions
Hey Dronologists,
This is my first post/question. I am looking for some advice as to what filters to purchase for my upcoming trip.
Any and all help is truly appreciated. Also, any recommendations on beginner videos for hyperlapse how to’s and best settings for pics and vids? (Mavic Pro 2)

Thanks for your patience on these questions.

New to the game!

Last edited:
Aloha,
It'd help if you said what flavor drone you have. Nevertheless, I can tell you this: If its sunny you could certainly use a N16. Overcast, N8 OR 4. I'd recommend using combo filters that include circular polarization in them. Not knowing what sort of drone you have limits my specifics too, but I trust the more costly but no BS filters from Polar Pro.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Aloha,
It'd help if you said what flavor drone you have. Nevertheless, I can tell you this: If its sunny you could certainly use a N16. Overcast, N8 OR 4. I'd recommend using combo filters that include circular polarization in them. Not knowing what sort of drone you have limits my specifics too, but I trust the more costly but no BS filters from Polar Pro.
Mavic Pro 2

Good on ya, Maestro. I have one too. so the thing to do is get the three Cinema CP/ND filters for the Mavik Pro 2 from Polar pro. They come in a set.

I was in Hawaii a few weeks back and had my Mavic with me for the first time. I'd agree... Get a set of 3 and get them polarized. I have both and the polarized are definitely nice to have when shooting over water especially, altho they can work everywhere too.

Oddly enough I mostly used an ND4 - had a fair amount of clouds on most of my flying days. An ND4, ND8 and ND16 would serve you well.

What island are you going to?

I was in Hawaii a few weeks back and had my Mavic with me for the first time. I'd agree... Get a set of 3 and get them polarized. I have both and the polarized are definitely nice to have when shooting over water especially, altho they can work everywhere too.

Oddly enough I mostly used an ND4 - had a fair amount of clouds on most of my flying days. An ND4, ND8 and ND16 would serve you well.

What island are you going to?
I am going to Waikiki

On my Mavic Pro in need a nd 64 or 32 to fly during the day time in full light. I wonder if there’s something wrong with my light meter or people aren’t as **** about having their shutter speed as twice the frame rate. Id make sure to have at least an ND32 but of course the best light during golden hour requires an ND16.

I lived on Oahu for 4+ decades until just a few weeks ago and was into drone photography and videography with Phantoms and Mavics (most recently the Pro 2) since 2016. I misplaced my filters while I was filming with an ND 32; I continued to fly the Mavic 2 with the 32 and did fine. (See www.oahupictures.org.) The photos were sometimes a little underexposed, but that was easily remedied in post processing.

Hey Evwryone, I just wanted to thank you for all of your recommendations! I am still in Hawaii, but have gotten some amazing videos and photos (at least in my rookie opinion) and I know everyone’s advise played a huge roll. Hope to get some more while I am here.

Thanks a Million!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair