DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hawaii Public Beach

rxgeek

Reactions
It's been months since i have flown. Doing some practice flying on vacation on Maui when a woman came up to me to voice her objection. I was polite and was leaving anyway but if it happens again I might politely explain the law. I even have my FAA registration labeled on the drone to show. She said she objected to "surveillance". She was the last one I would want to photograph.

Sometimes people feel that a drone in close proximity is somehow interested in them. Basically, stay away from people with your UAV unless they know and approve of your close proximity. One thing you should know and may share with those who are concerned about privacy is that satellite observations are much more intrusive than your drone. Firstly, you're only looking at the ground for a moment, but not so a satellite. Secondly, your images aren't parsed into data and shared to, who knows where?
Lastly, note that the airspace above the USA is almost exclusively the purvue of the FAA. Except for local privacy laws (which are vague and nondescript in most places) you can fly wherever the FAA says its legal.
btw, we don't have laws in the state of Hawaii, protecting people's privacy by way of UAV observations at public places.

We’re planning a trip to Hawaii later this year. Is there a good resource for researching their laws on where you can fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter