DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hd streaming

Hunttr

Reactions
Hello all, My main interest in flying is for FPV viewing and not so much for recorded video or pics.I would like to get the sharpest most detailed image for doing that.Some basic questions for the dji goggle users;
1) while in "full screen mode" will I notice any pixelation?
2) If I reduce the size of the image FOV (I believe you can adjust the size of image from 55% to 100% ?) Will I see less pixelation and have a sharper image?
3) Are their other adjustments (screen image ratios?) that can provide a sharper image and if so how much would the differant ratios reduce the size of image?
I hope these questions make sence it's tough trying to figure out the quality of the image I would be streaming to the goggles for FPV without acctually trying them out.
Thanks!

I have the white DJI goggles. The image is pretty good but not perfect. I can notice the limitation of the resolution. I do not call it pixelation but that might be a difference of definition. To me it looks a bit like the screen door effect of yesteryear. That is, you can notice (just barely) the edges of the individual pixels and it looks like you are viewing it through a screen door. The marketing hype says that it looks like a 200 inch screen as viewed at a 10 ft distance. If you view an HD image at that size you will start to see the limits of the resolution of the picture. Yes it is a better on the 1080 setting compared to the 720p setting. Changing the FOV in the camera does not materially change the quality of the image.

Now, having said all the above, it is still a great product and a great experience to fly with the goggles. It is a huge immersive experience to fly from the pilots, or birds perspective.

The last thing I would mention is that it is a bit tricky to get a clear view depending on the limits of your vision if you wear prescription lenses. I have an astigmatism and have progressive lenses so I ended up getting a set of prescription inserts for the goggles from a German company called RHO-Lens. They work great.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Reactions: sikspy and Gindra
I don't think the numbers that dji gives for resolution for the goggles mean a whole lot.I would like to know what the "PPI" is..
I think that it is tricky to get a PPI for the goggles. The displays (2 total) are 1080 x 1920 each and are about 5 inches in size. I haven’t taken them apart but I think I read that somewhere. The problem is there are optical lenses between the actual display panels and your eyes. This is where the perceived screen size of 200 inches diagonal comes in. So the resolution in PPI you ”see” would be calculated from these numbers. This gives about 10.6 PPI. Not too good. Someone might argue that it is actually twice this because there are two panels, one for each eye. The actual panel resolution is over 400 PPI.

Reactions: sikspy
I should add that the distance you view an image is just as important as the resolution. With a given resolution the closer you get the worse it looks and conversely the further the better.

Reactions: sikspy and Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143