DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HD Video transmission

Traindriver

Reactions
On the M2s, what is the practical difference between the HD video transmission and normal? Does one offer longer range than the other? Does HD drain battery quicker?

Thanks

On the M2s, what is the practical difference between the HD video transmission and normal? Does one offer longer range than the other? Does HD drain battery quicker?

Thanks
HD means you get 1080 picture on your device while flying rather than the lower resolution 720. On a phone screen it make little difference as the screen is so small, but on a tablet it gives you a better chance to spot things like power lines!

The phone/tablet has to work a little harder with the HD so it will put more strain on the processor/battery but not for the drone itself.

Thanks for the reply. So, in the settings, “normal” will be the lower resolution and might save a percent or two of battery on my phone, but no real effect on the drone?

I was just curious because I’ve only had my Zoom for a few days, but I can’t get the appreciably better range (video transmission at least) than I had on my Air. Farther, yes, but far below what I was expecting. I didnt know if changing that setting would improve the transmission range.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent