DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro HDR from 5 bracketed DNG files

Thank you for the kind words
love it. You took an image that could have been very blah or plane and turned it into a very colorful, detailed, intersting one.
Thank you for the kind words. Good to know we have this bracketing feature which is somewhat limited to 0.7 ev increment but still would work in practice when we have the opportunity to shoot really spectacular views. Don't have to cry for a M3P : )

Here's an hdr image made from 5 bracketed photos from M2P. I wish the setting could allow more than 0.7 ev stop : ( Still better than noting right against the sun!
It's a nice enough picture but it was ruined by the flare and very bright sun. Still too much dynamic range and probably out of the capability of the 0.7 stops. Bracketing should have been 5 images one stop difference.

Reactions: Bahadir
It's a nice enough picture but it was ruined by the flare and very bright sun. Still too much dynamic range and probably out of the capability of the 0.7 stops. Bracketing should have been 5 images one stop difference.
Yes, flare resistance is an important aspect of a lens ( I constantly have a PolarPro ND attached on the lens though) and when it shows up is sth photogarhers should avoid as in this picture. Actually I tried to see if the bracketing feature could provide enough room for dynamic range adjustment when forced to extreme right towards the sun in the composition! As you also mention I wish the bracketing feature provided at least (+,-) 1 stop increment as in most point and shoot cameras or modern cell phones...Still when compared to single raw file processs I could achive better sky tone and slightly less noise.

I would avoid shooting directly into the sun unless you have a very dense ND filter. Still, I would not shoot directly into the sun until it is dim enough and close enough to the horizon that the light is more manageable. Just my two cents.

I would avoid shooting directly into the sun unless you have a very dense ND filter. Still, I would not shoot directly into the sun until it is dim enough and close enough to the horizon that the light is more manageable. Just my two cents.
Thank you for your kind interest Dale. Actually the PolarPro attached to the lens is ND16 which is good enough for late afternoons. Your preference of managing the light is so true and plus with just a little change in the angle of shooting most flares can be avoided. This shot is more of a torture test to see if the dng barcketing feature can handle the dynamic range need in contrasty shooting scenarios.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna