DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Head Tracking Gimbal

Nivloc

Reactions
Hello all,

New user with a question about the Goggles RE Head Tracking Gimbal. Anyone else have to use the “Reset Motion Control” often?

I tried and stopped using it pretty much immediately. The head tracking gimbal assist AR assist is very poorly implemented for this purpose as it actually shows the direction of the "nose" of the AC rather than the "flight" direction of the AC. Given that implementation it is obviously jumping all over the display most often out of sight so it all gets amazingly (nauseatingly) confusing.

I don't even use the head tracking "flight" mode anymore either because for shooting video, it is completely useless as well since panning the AC will end up in a "jerking" movement no matter how much you try to turn "smoothly". So, at this point and until such day that DJI actually fixes this (may never happen due to the "B" team engineering behind it) I can only use the goggles as a way to see where I am going but performing all controls including gimbal using the remote controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada