DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Headed to Juneau, AK, next week

The Mendenhall Glacier is very popular, dont know about drone laws though. Red Dog Saloon if you want a drink.

Look up Jake Sloan on YouTube. Get in touch with him. He may take you to some great places.

Last edited:
There are some great places to fly around Juneau, keep an eye on where you are and keep the drone relatively close by there are a lot of small aircraft and helicopters in the area and they tend to fly low a lot of the time. Mendenhall glacier is outside of the controlled airspace just be aware of all the helicopter traffic. I would be careful about flying in Juneau it's since its the state capitol and legislators are in session. lot's of beautiful areas around there though! Enjoy your visit to alaska! I hope you have great weather

Also, weather in Alaska changes crazy fast. When I went glacier trekking the helicopter landed on the ice near this big orange tent dome. It was set up because weather could change so drastically in under an hour it was very possible they could not come back and get you in the extreme weather right a way. 3 helicopters have crashed there the year prior to my visit. Fortunately, it was a prefect day unforgettable experience. So worth it. I wish I had a drone back then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO