DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heading to Santiago and Easter Island with Mavic Pro

DoodlesDad

Reactions
I'm a Newbie so my apologies in advance if I'm not following protocol. I will be heading to Chile (Easter Island/Rapanui) in October. I have seen some discussions about flying a drone there but have yet to get any sufficient proof that drones are in fact allowed on the Island. Has anyone had a recent experience there with a drone and have any information regarding requirements? Thanks in advance!

I'm going to Chile and Easter Island next June. Did you take your drone? Were you able to use it? Any advice or recommendations on traveling there with a drone?

Thanks.

Hey Kevin, yes I did. You have to be careful to be respectful of the statues as I didn't see anybody using drones but it seems like common sense that they aren't allowed. I went to Ahu Akivi early in the morning and got some good footage of those statues. You most likely won't be able to do this at many of the parks but there is plenty of scenery that is breathtaking especially on the coastline. I got excellent footage of horses running (the whole group starts to run which is very cinematic). Lots of isolated areas where you can pull over as well.

@Kevin_Hinshaw if you find yourself back in mainland Chile I recommend you checking out the coast there (Vina Del Ma, Zapallar and Papudo) has some amazing coastline which is great for drones). Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760