DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart broken Mini 3 pro gone

Daytona500 - oh yes. It is an AMA club and we are right near the white tank mountains. Check it out www.arcs1.com and yes, I know the website looks like it is from 1990. : ) We have a lot of older retired members.

Plenty of good flying with some interesting things out there. So far, I have found bees, boats, abandoned cars, and homeless folks all in the desert. : )
Old and retired that would include me LOL

Daytona500 - oh yes. It is an AMA club and we are right near the white tank mountains. Check it out www.arcs1.com and yes, I know the website looks like it is from 1990. : ) We have a lot of older retired members.

Plenty of good flying with some interesting things out there. So far, I have found bees, boats, abandoned cars, and homeless folks all in the desert. : )
sounds like a club you have join and fly at a controlled field ,wat to far for me to do that. Now if it was just a place were anyone can go and fly anytime I'd probably come down and see what ya got.

I new thread got started so here it is. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

sounds like a club you have join and fly at a controlled field ,wat to far for me to do that. Now if it was just a place were anyone can go and fly anytime I'd probably come down and see what ya got.
you can be my guest and fly free. its a very casual club.

So last night I was flying my normal evening flight which I do almost every night , except tonight my mini 3 pro disconnected and would not reconnec
Here's an possibly interesting point for you.
If this flight's name includes "2023-05-20_[18-21-56]", the log of that flight lists various serial numbers.
My expectation is that those serial numbers are unique to each drone and components thereof.
Amongst these are
RECOVER.aircraftSerial,
DETAILS.aircraftSerial,
SERIAL.flightController,
RECOVER.cameraSerial,
DETAILS.cameraSerial.
Generally I consider those to be unique to a a drone that has not had components swapped, I dare say that if I swapped M2P and M2Z cameras the relevant serial numbers would change in the relevant logs.
Note, "SERIAL.flightController" relates to something inside the drone, NOT the controller you hold in your hand.

The log of the flight of 2023-05-20_[18-21-56] lists the first two serial numbers as "1581F4XFC226M007". That they are the same is perfectly ok, in fact its seems the norm.

I have a collection of flight logs from troubled flights and whilst checking them for mistakes and duplications I happened to notice that 'your' serial number, 1581F4XFC226M007, occurs in another log, dated 2022-12-15_[11-44-17], from a drone in Israel.

I do not know what, if anything, can be drawn from that but ...........

can you tell what type drone it belonged to? I crashed an air 1 and sent it in for repair pretty sure I got a different drone returned to me, may the guy in Israel sent one in for repair and I got his
:dunno:

can you tell what type drone it belonged to? I crashed an air 1 and sent it in for repair pretty sure I got a different drone returned to me, may the guy in Israel sent one in for repair and I got his
:dunno:
both drones report themselves to be Mini 3 Pro. The Israeli flight was 15/12/2022 that's all I can tell you about it, I dont remember the problem nor the consequences.

Five other pairs of Mini 3 Pro show 'duplicated' serial number but each pair has a different common serial number.
If you did get whatever carries that serial number then the flight controller and camera were different so you did not 'get' his entire drone.
This has piqued my curiosity, in the morning I will do the same thing for the flight controller nad camera lol.

Last edited:
both drones report themselves to be Mini 3 Pro. The Israeli flight was 15/12/2022 that's all I can tell you about it, I dont remember the problem nor the consequences.

Five other pairs of Mini 3 Pro show 'duplicated' serial number but each pair has a different common serial number.
If you did get whatever carries that serial number then the flight controller and camera were different so you did not 'get' his entire drone.
This has piqued my curiosity, in the morning I will do the same thing for the flight controller nad camera lol.
I kind of figured these parts get re-used when able for other repairs. I suspect quite a few of us have "chicken nugget" drones when getting a DJI replacement. Pieces and parts from all over.

I kind of figured these parts get re-used when able for other repairs. I suspect quite a few of us have "chicken nugget" drones when getting a DJI replacement. Pieces and parts from all over.
As I said in post 105
"I do not know what, if anything, can be drawn from that but ...........",
However, from a practical point of view, it makes sense to me to re-use bits that test as 'good' and about which there are no suspicion, I have done the same myself, but I do not know if it is an economically viable route to take.
There are three Mavic 3 pairs in my collection too.

I had a quick look for 'camera pairs' and for those that I noticed there was a reasonable explanation but I will look more carefully later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78