DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart broken Mini 3 pro gone

I think if anyone shot at it I would have heard the shot. Were it disconnected was less then 1000 ft from me and very quit evening, so I really don't think that happened.

I think if anyone shot at it I would have heard the shot. Were it disconnected was less then 1000 ft from me and very quit evening, so I really don't think that happened.
I gotta ask. Did you check all around the Home Point? In this case that coincides with the take off point. If it's not in the vicinity of the last recorded position the next likely location would be the home point. Failing that, can you ask someone to check the path from the last recorded position to the HP?

Hi Tony I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this. Is there a way I can download these pictures. I can look at them on the net they just buffer for ever. My internet connection is less then 1mbps so its impossable to look on line .whats a tiff viewer ??Thanks again for trying.
Yes, should be able to download the entire folder. It's google drive, so if you have a google email address to share it to, message me and I'll share it directly to you.

Hi Tony I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this. Is there a way I can download these pictures. I can look at them on the net they just buffer for ever. My internet connection is less then 1mbps so its impossable to look on line .whats a tiff viewer ??Thanks again for trying.
To view a TIFF file, many programs out there, but I use QGIS (it's free) and can show exact gps coordinates where you hover the mouse. : )

I gotta ask. Did you check all around the Home Point? In this case that coincides with the take off point. If it's not in the vicinity of the last recorded position the next likely location would be the home point. Failing that, can you ask someone to check the path from the last recorded position to the HP?
this has all been done thanks

Does anyone know how long after DJI gets the flight records it takes them to make a decision?

@Daytona500: Even if you succeed to get a replacement from DJI, I can understand pretty well if you want to recover your M3P to close the issue.

@TonyPHX: Great work, your area mapping and TIFF production. Unfortunately, the resolution seems to be slightly below the level which is required to discover a 5 inch object. However, tracking would be easier if objects with a known length can be used for scaling the terrain. Any idea what would be suitable (trees, tracks, the Power Line,...)? Could it be included in the image?

Last edited:
@Daytona500: Even if you succeed to get a replacement from DJI, I can understand pretty well if you want to recover your M3P to close the issue.

@TonyPHX: Great work, your area mapping and TIFF production. Unfortunately, the resolution seems to be slightly below the level which is required to discover a 5 inch object. However, tracking would be easier if objects with a known length can be used for scaling the terrain. Any idea what would be suitable (trees, tracks, the Power Line,...)? Could it be included in the image?
at this point I don't think recovery is an option. several people have looked for it and its just not there.

I still haven't figured out how to look at Tony's pictures
This won't give you the GPS coords but will allow you to look at the file.

Download the .tif file here:

Then install Irfanview - a free, simple image file viewer:

Once installed, open up the .tif file you downloaded above and zoom in and scroll around.

I still haven't figured out how to look at Tony's pictures
Yes, the link is to the google drive. You can just download the entire ortho.tiff file that another member linked. I use QGIS to view them, but I also hear IRfan works well.

When you get a new drone, shoot me a message. If you are up for a small drive, you could come down to the valley and fly at our RC club in Surprise. We have a great dedicated place to fly.

Tony I downloaded that thing he posted it took 15 mins to download and it was one picture.
I'd love to come down and fly.Is your place scenic with cool stuff to photograph? I think right now with temps over 100 probably not the best time to fly. I have an Air 1 which I haven't flown since I got the minipro3. Took it out of moth balls last night put it up for a few mins. noticed battery was draining pretty fast after 6 min I got low battery warning and brought him home. It was really hot. out side temp was 98 around 7pm. So wait for cooler days or evenings to fly.

Reactions: TonyPHX and RodPad
You got more toys then I got. I have never seen any Mavic's other then mine.

Share your log.. 👌

Rod..

You got more toys then I got. I have never seen any Mavic's other then mine.

Share your log.. 👌

Rod..
Well I got the air when it first came out like 5 or 6 years ago. My daughter got me the Mini pro as a Present .

Reactions: RodPad
Tony I downloaded that thing he posted it took 15 mins to download and it was one picture.
I'd love to come down and fly.Is your place scenic with cool stuff to photograph? I think right now with temps over 100 probably not the best time to fly. I have an Air 1 which I haven't flown since I got the minipro3. Took it out of moth balls last night put it up for a few mins. noticed battery was draining pretty fast after 6 min I got low battery warning and brought him home. It was really hot. out side temp was 98 around 7pm. So wait for cooler days or evenings to fly.
Sorry the log from the Air 1, you posted you have concerns about it.

If missed that if you shared it, I apologize. :)

Rod..

Last edited:
Daytona500 - oh yes. It is an AMA club and we are right near the white tank mountains. Check it out www.arcs1.com and yes, I know the website looks like it is from 1990. : ) We have a lot of older retired members.

Plenty of good flying with some interesting things out there. So far, I have found bees, boats, abandoned cars, and homeless folks all in the desert. : )

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851