DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart broken Mini 3 pro gone

There's nothing unusual in that flight log -- other than it abruptly ending. The aircraft was set to return to home when the failsafe was trigged. Since that did not occur and there appears to have been no nearby obstacles, I'd recommend you start looking around the last recorded location (34.07500763078278, -112.13340815815896).

1685231315383.png

Reactions: RodPad

Dude, I think you do need a break!

Us humans make get more confused when get frustrated.
You already flustered you lost your bird. Been there!

These guys are good.
Just don't give up!
REALLY!!

Rod..

Crap Mike has something now. 👌

I got to take a look see again!

Hum, I'm taking a break and let the real guys carry on..

BTW, Just don't give up that's to easy!

Rod..

There's nothing unusual in that flight log -- other than it abruptly ending. The aircraft was set to return to home when the failsafe was trigged. Since that did not occur and there appears to have been no nearby obstacles, I'd recommend you start looking around the last recorded location (34.07500763078278, -112.13340815815896).

View attachment 164670
so we all wasted a whole day to learn nothing. IM sorry guys, thanks so much for trying.

So what good are the flight records if they don't tell us what happened. why did it disconnect and fly away and not return to home.

why did it disconnect and fly away and not return to home
Are you sure it flew away after it disconnected? Were you able to see it flying away with your eyes?

so we all wasted a whole day to learn nothing. IM sorry guys, thanks so much for trying.

So what good are the flight records if they don't tell us what happened. why did it disconnect and fly away and not return to home.
So what's important now is what DJI says.

So last night I was flying my normal evening flight which I do almost every night , except tonight my mini 3 pro disconnected and would not reconnect and didn't return to home. I'm so upset. I filed a flyway report with dji but haven't heard anything from them yet
So last night I was flying my normal evening flight which I do almost every night , except tonight my mini 3 pro disconnected and would not reconnect and didn't return to home. I'm so upset. I filed a flyway report with dji but haven't heard anything from them yet
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago
Just disappeared …..
I emailed DJI and they wanted to see the flight path and I followed their instructions as requested and within a week had a replacement go about $ 247…
They were great.Hope u have the fly away policy

"So last night I was flying my normal evening flight which I do almost every night"
Can you share one that you did prior?
Please :)

Rod ..

...So what good are the flight records if they don't tell us what happened.
The flight logs usually show what happens during a flight but it has some prerequisites... the connection to the RC needs to work (as the drone sends data down to the RC where the log is recorded) & the motors needs to be running (as this kind of log only records when the motors are running).

Your log show nothing abnormal at all...

The HP was properly recorded in the right place
The failsafe action was set to RTH
RTH height was sufficient & no obstacles existed on that height on the way back to the HP
No abnormal uncommanded attitude changes which could indicate a collision was recorded in the end
The battery data looks normal with sufficient charge level
And no earlier & growing connection troubles towards the end

So, nothing... besides that the log ends suddenly, mid-flight on height & that the drone didn't return home.

All this seems to say nothing about the cause... but not quite. All that your log actually says is that your drone most probably had a sudden power loss which cut the connection to your RC & stopped the motors... & that this incident most likely didn't have anything to do with a pilot error on your end.

DJI have historically responded to cases like this in 2 ways...

Either the have taken the blame without any fuzz (kind of good-will, see below)
Or they have said that nothing in the log proves that the blame is on them.

So report this to DJI & hope for the best...

yes I sent the flight log to dji. theres some confusion as to which drone I have with them. as this was a replacement to my first one which was defective and I didn't realize both drones show up to dji as I have them. I only have the one and they should know that . I'm hoping they will cover it.

@Daytona500 can you share any more details about the suspected fly away (whatever occurred at the end of the log you shared)? Did you see the drone fly away with your eyes or are you assuming that occurred since it did not return home?

I'm missing something.
Your not going to look?

Rod ,,
I'm disabled and can't go look myself, but I'm hoping other people in my area will look for me. I posted a reward on town facebook and one guy said he's do a fly over. I'm hoping to get boots on the ground but so far no luck. if it landed anywhere near were it disconnected it shouldn't be to hard to find

@Daytona500 can you share any more details about the suspected fly away (whatever occurred at the end of the log you shared)? Did you see the drone fly away with your eyes or are you assuming that occurred since it did not return home?
no did not see with my eyes as when I saw the disconnect I was busy trying to get it to reconnect and was working the rc to try and do that.

no did not see with my eyes as when I saw the disconnect I was busy trying to get it to reconnect and was working the rc to try and do that.
Thank you for those details. If you're interested in finding the drone, I think the next step would be to have someone check around the coordinates I shared above.

Thank you for those details. If you're interested in finding the drone, I think the next step would be to have someone check around the coordinates I shared above.
yes Im trying to find someone to go look but no luck yet. Holiday weekend I suspect most people to busy. I posted a reward post on local facebook one guy said he flew a low pass over that area didnt see anything . I'm Hoping DJI will do the right thing and replace it. as like everyone said I did nothing wrong the drone didnt do what it was suppose to do.
Now even if I get a replacement how can I trust it again. Seems like theres a lot of mini 3 pro that just flyaway

one guy said he flew a low pass over that area didnt see anythin
That's not surprising. Small objects like a Mini 3 aren't easy to see from a drone in the sky. You'd probably have better luck sharing the coordinates of the last location. And I guess be careful who you give that information to since someone could find your drone and keep it.

yes Im trying to find someone to go look but no luck yet. Holiday weekend I suspect most people to busy. I posted a reward post on local facebook one guy said he flew a low pass over that area didnt see anything . I'm Hoping DJI will do the right thing and replace it. as like everyone said I did nothing wrong the drone didnt do what it was suppose to do.
Now even if I get a replacement how can I trust it again. Seems like theres a lot of mini 3 pro that just flyaway
When the flight logs and facts are examined, almost all reports of "flyaways" are revealed to be operator error. Your case looks like a genuine hardware failure, and no fault of yours.

I hope DJI comes through with a no-cost replacement for you. It certainly seems like the appropriate thing to do. And I hope you'll continue flying. This was a rare problem. Don't let it shake your confidence in the Mini 3 Pro. It's a marvelous and highly reliable system.

Keep us posted on what you hear from DJI.

I'm glad your still with this group, now I understand why I thought you didn't care if you found it.

The things these guys do, where could it be, and what was the cause.
BTW if you find it then there will be good data on the bird itself.

It looks like a dry area with maybe oak trees, and maybe a river in the direction of travel?

Anyways, I would like you to find and post a similar flight.
Somebody chime in, if I'm wasting his time. 👌

Rod..

theres no tree's at all in that area just scrub brush maybe 4 feet high if that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143