DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heat wave and keeping equipment cool

beeflyin

Reactions
Wondering what you're using to keep drone equipment from overheating in this crazy heat we are having? DO you just put your batteries in cooler with ice packs, or cool packs??

Reactions: Cafguy
My electronics do not go near anything that is liquid or anything that condensates Having said that I know people that Do that very thing and have never had an issue. I simply keep my equipment in the shade as much as possible and in their cases until right before flight time. NEVER EVER leave something in a vehicle even in the case! and give the drone a break between batteries when you can.
Today in Bakersfield 110 Tomorrow 113,... 115...and climbing by the Day I will be Flying in the early mornings and late evenings Outside for the time being. I see LOT'S of simulator time coming up in the next weeks.

Reactions: MA2 317
Just my air conditioner in vehicle.

Reactions: MA2 317
I just put the battery in the Fridge over night , never had any issues , takes about 5 minutes for the battery to warm enough to start the motors.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

I’m in Chicago. We get occasional rounds of high heat days or weeks, but not all summer like some places.
But on hot days when I have to shoot I keep a cooler in the car with a couple of reusable ice packs- wrapped in a towel. And all batteries not in the drone stay there until a few min before I need to swap.
Small collapsible coolers work as well just fine

You don’t want the batteries too cold or you risk condensation forming inside.
And they don’t need to be COLD, just avoid getting HOT…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlihlenfeldt