DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heceta Head Oregon Coast!

Excellent video!!! I was there a few months ago and because of all the birds near the lighthouse, I thought I couldn't fly there. But after seeing your awesome video and looking at the Skyvector map for that location, there are no warning areas there. Anxious to return now. Nice editing and choice of music! Looking for more of your work. Thanks.

Excellent video!!! I was there a few months ago and because of all the birds near the lighthouse, I thought I couldn't fly there. But after seeing your awesome video and looking at the Skyvector map for that location, there are no warning areas there. Anxious to return now. Nice editing and choice of music! Looking for more of your work. Thanks.
Yeah its an amazing place to film. Also be sure to check out Cape Perpetua. Its breathtaking!

Wow man. Great video. I live in Eugene, not too far from the coast and I'm always super nervous about flying at the coast. The wind is usually howling over there pretty good. I might need to head west and give it shot. What do you have your video settings at? Are you auto or customizing. Appreciate any tips. Thanks

Wow man. Great video. I live in Eugene, not too far from the coast and I'm always super nervous about flying at the coast. The wind is usually howling over there pretty good. I might need to head west and give it shot. What do you have your video settings at? Are you auto or customizing. Appreciate any tips. Thanks
Awesome! I am in Eugene as well. I have been to the coast several times where the wind would fluctuate between 10 and 15 MPH. I try not to fly in anything above 25MPH. The Mavic can actually handle wind very well. I generally shoot with D-cinelike,ISO at 100, 2.7k, 30 FPS with a shutter speed of 60 using the appropriate ND filters. I also try to get my footage to look as close as possible to the look I am going for in camera. Then in post Its just a few tweaks here and there. I would be happy to fly with you and help any way I can.

The Mavic does handle the wind very well. What do you use as an editor Josh?

Awesome! I am in Eugene as well. I have been to the coast several times where the wind would fluctuate between 10 and 15 MPH. I try not to fly in anything above 25MPH. The Mavic can actually handle wind very well. I generally shoot with D-cinelike,ISO at 100, 2.7k, 30 FPS with a shutter speed of 60 using the appropriate ND filters. I also try to get my footage to look as close as possible to the look I am going for in camera. Then in post Its just a few tweaks here and there. I would be happy to fly with you and help any way I can.
Thanks for the info. Great stuff. Would definitely love to meet up sometime and get some advice. Appreciate the response. Cheers!

awesome! Every time i went there it was WAYYY too windy to get vid, nice to see!

Super happy with how well the Mavic held up in really high winds while filming yesterday. I have really fallen in love with color grading my work. Hope you enjoy this!

Awesome video, I was there back in February and didn't take my drone because it was supposed to rain for the entire period I was there. I regret not taking it. Thanks for sharing

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet