DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello ALL! From Ontario, Canada!

Welcome!

I just left the Ottawa area myself. Now flying out of Fredericton.

So, for what it's worth, here's my 'wisdom'...
  • Register your M2, watch Don Joyce's TC exam prep videos (Don Drones On) on YouTube (and maybe even buy his PDFs) and do the Basic exam.
  • Fly in beginner mode (slow and keeps the bird within 30 metres) until you get a hang of using the sticks.
  • Fly your first missions in an open area - with no nearby power lines - so that when you mess up, you're less likely to trash the drone or anything else.
  • Practice manual take-offs and landings - the Mavic 2 Pro can do them really well on its own, but I find more feeling of accomplishment when I do it instead.
  • Set your auto return-to-home (RTH) altitude higher than anything the might come between the drone and the place where it took off. Also, if you're flying under any sort of cover, turn off auto RTH - in the time it takes to cancel, the thing could lift itself right into an obstruction.
  • Keep your head on a swivel. try to be aware of not just where the drone is, but where it is going to be in a few seconds.
  • If you don't already have some, get some extra batteries. It's amazing how often the shot you're waiting for comes up just as you get the low battery/RTH warning. The flymore kit is worth it.
Also -- batteries drain SUDDENLY when they're cold. Like... 90%, 90%, 90%, 70%, 50%, 20%, crash....

Greetings!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR