DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello first time drone buyer needs advise

geraldb

Reactions
I am looking at a gently used dji phantom 4 pro 4k with bag and extra battery. he has owned it for about 1 1/2 years with very little usage and adult owned. I want to do still shot photos to manipulate with photo shop. it appears this drone has one of the best cameras. He is asking 850 or best offer. what is a good price ? also are there any newer models that is better for what i am trying to accomplish ? goal is to print photos on metal. Thanks for your assistance.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland geraldb.

I can't help with your decision but that does seem like a nice price for a used Phantom four pro.

The Mavic Air 2 seems to be the go to drone right now and is around the same price for the Fly More kit as the P4P you're looking at.

It has a smaller camera but can shoot 4k and raw photos to edit later.

Plus it's easier to lug around and not as intimidating when flying in public places.

Spend a little more and you can get a Fly More kit with the Smart Controller, DJI'S own controller with a built in easy to see screen during the day.

Shop around this site using the search function for better answers than I provided.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Good advice above. The Air 2 may be better for your images and aftermarket warranties can increase value.
If the P4P can do RAW images you might be OK for the stated purpose. IDK if it does.
If you’re going to sell when the job is done the Air2 will have better resale.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
The Air 2 is a great drone as the others have stated.
Yes the P4P takes amazing images, however a bit large to store, carry around or travel with. If that is not a issue for you, then it’s not a bad deal for the P4. Hopefully they are offering extras to help sweeten the deal.
Good luck with your purchase.;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
If your set on getting a phantom we have a sister site just for those and compare prices maybe just looking in the classifieds
there. Classifieds

I am looking at a gently used dji phantom 4 pro 4k with bag and extra battery. he has owned it for about 1 1/2 years with very little usage and adult owned. I want to do still shot photos to manipulate with photo shop. it appears this drone has one of the best cameras. He is asking 850 or best offer. what is a good price ? also are there any newer models that is better for what i am trying to accomplish ? goal is to print photos on metal. Thanks for your assistance.
Based on what you want it for, Id say this is a fine drove. A bit cumbersome for me but thats not your concern. Added accessories to sweeten the pot, xtra batts, bag, charger, delete , all sweeten the deal. The 850$ price Id pay if I were in the market but Id offer 700 to start, just cause Im a haggler.

Consider "gently used" meaning. Does this equate to pi$$ poor battery maintenance? Batteries for the P4P arent cheap @ $115 each. A well packed bag will have 3 quality batteries ready, IMO. I gather the usual 200 cycles on the charger havent been met on this unit; but, proper storage voltage requires periodic attention to recharging. If "gently used" means it was stored for 1.5 years without any attention to batteries?

A DJI Refurbished unit with fully capable batteries may be the right option.

Let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
As of this time apparently "geraldb" was simply a zombie walker. Passing thru and shedding DNA.
I personally appreciate the likes ?posted to my responses to the unresponsive geraldb. Sometimes it doesnt pay to be helpful?

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this time apparently "geraldb" was simply a zombie walker. Passing thru and shedding DNA.
I personally appreciate the likes ?posted to my responses to the unresponsive geraldb. Sometimes it doesnt pay to be helpful?
I apologize for not thanking every. Life interrupted. I decided maybe manic air pro because I can add new v2 fpv goggles for fun. I promise I won’t be a slug lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic